x

How can I re-send an appointment confirmation by email?

If a client books an appointment online with us, and then calls me later with an updated email address, when I correct it on my contacts/customers, will that contact automatically get a new confirmation notice to the new email address?  Is there a way to manually re-send an appointment confirmation ?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @shardyer! I've answered your questions below. 

When I correct [a client's email address] on my contacts/customers will that contact automatically get a new confirmation notice to the new email address?

If your client has saved their card informaiton on file with you then yes they will be notified if you change their email address. But, if a client does not have a card on file, they won't be notified if you edit their email address.

Is there a way to manually re-send an appointment confirmation ?

If you edit the date, time, service, or member of staff of an existing appointment and click Save you'll be prompted to send the customer an email (or SMS) to notify them of the changes (see screenshot below). However, that option won't appear if you edit the client's email address, phone number or if you add a note to an appointment.

As a workaround you could ask your clients to log in to their customer account from your booking site to view the updated appointments and edited contact information from there.

I agree it would be really handy to be able to resend an appointment confirmation email though for peace of mind - and I've shared your feedback with the Appointments team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @shardyer! I've answered your questions below. 

When I correct [a client's email address] on my contacts/customers will that contact automatically get a new confirmation notice to the new email address?

If your client has saved their card informaiton on file with you then yes they will be notified if you change their email address. But, if a client does not have a card on file, they won't be notified if you edit their email address.

Is there a way to manually re-send an appointment confirmation ?

If you edit the date, time, service, or member of staff of an existing appointment and click Save you'll be prompted to send the customer an email (or SMS) to notify them of the changes (see screenshot below). However, that option won't appear if you edit the client's email address, phone number or if you add a note to an appointment.

As a workaround you could ask your clients to log in to their customer account from your booking site to view the updated appointments and edited contact information from there.

I agree it would be really handy to be able to resend an appointment confirmation email though for peace of mind - and I've shared your feedback with the Appointments team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 14

Thanks, as I have had some that have asked me to re-send the confirmation and/or send a copy to someone else.   Would be nice for them and me to have a "Send a copy of the confirmation to..." option to input an email address.

Message 3 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  I forgot to send a confirmation email when I added the appointment. Can I send it after? 

I added a appointment into my  calendar, but forgot to send a confirmation. My appointment reads “Confirmation Not Sent”, but does not allow me to send after the fact.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 14
Admin

@llamabooth You can resend a confirmation email or SMS message from your Appointments Calendar if you make a change to the Appointment — take a look at this thread for a bit more information.

I see how a 'resend confirmation' button would be useful though! I'll sahre that feedback with the Appointments team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 14

How can I resend an appointment. 

Message 6 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello! Are you referring to resending an appointment confirmation text/email, or rescheduling an appointment?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 14

Hi Ashley! I'm not the original poster- but I need help resending a text appointment confirmation.  Got any tips? 🙂

Message 8 of 14
Admin

Hey @THOM and @TheMuscleMedic. I moved your posts to this relevant thread that should help answer your question. Give us a shout if you need some more help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 14
Beta Member

I get calls/voice mails almost daily from my customers asking me when their next appointment is because they deleted or can not find the automatic text/email message sent by Square at the time of booking. It would be great if there was a way to send them a one-click manual appointment confirmation. I normally send them a Message via Square, but I need to type out their appointment info which is time consuming. Thanks! 

Message 10 of 14

Has there been an update about resending confirmations? I used to be able to see "resend confirmation" and I can't find it anymore. 

Message 11 of 14

I'm still waiting also.  Hopefully they'll add this feature, as many now are asking for it

Message 12 of 14

Yes! Please create a resend confirmation button for us! 

Message 13 of 14

I would really like a re-send appointment confirmation too. I'm helping a client with their calendar and being able to re-send would be so helpful right now.

Message 14 of 14