x

How do I get an itemized customer receipt?

My transactions are showing in Square as a TOTAL "custom amount" in square as opposed to a detail itemized receipt. 

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @jeanmam,

Welcome aboard! Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

Currently, the only way to get an itemized receipt is if the seller that issued your receipt adds specific items from their item library, or adds a note to the sale underneath each individual line item/service. 

If they are showing up as "custom amount," then that means at the point of sale, the only thing entered was just a dollar amount to be processed. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Square use to have the option of including a description of purchase? My client has already paid but is in need of a receipt that shows the description. Can anyone help me with this or direct me towards a work around? 

Thank you for your help!

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Hey @Soph_A, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the seller community.

Sorry for the confusion on this receipt. The ability to add a description or modify a receipt for a completed purchase isn't available. As a workaround, you might consider refunding this purchase, then processing again after adding an item description or note to the sale. This would allow the app to generate a receipt with a description. If your client is unable to work with you on that, you may need to create an itemized receipt as a supplement outside of the app.

Hopefully this helps clear things up a bit more. I'll be sure to share your experience with our Point of Sale team. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 13
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @jeanmam,

Welcome aboard! Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

Currently, the only way to get an itemized receipt is if the seller that issued your receipt adds specific items from their item library, or adds a note to the sale underneath each individual line item/service. 

If they are showing up as "custom amount," then that means at the point of sale, the only thing entered was just a dollar amount to be processed. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 13

ok. Thank you.

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

I have a client that used a flexible spending acct and I’ve never had an issue, I have plenty of clients who use them, but her insurance came back stating they needed more verification/information she has the general receipt from the service but I’m wondering if there’s a way to get a more specific receipt or something that insurance would need to see! 

Message 6 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @JMmassage

There is an option on your receipt settings to have items with their description appear on the receipt. 

Go to your Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business > Receipts. 

This would be the best option to accomplish what your customer is looking for. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 13

@JMmassage - I'm wondering if you can help me..... I have clients that have extended benefits that only cover partial treatments (say $50.00/visit) and the client pays the rest, how do you have the proper GST / Tax show up on their receipt? Right now it only shows on the portion that they are paying...... how or where do you show the insurance portion on the receipt..

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this right..... I've been all over this site looking for this answer...

Message 8 of 13

I am in healthcare so some of my clients use their extended benefits to pay a portion of their treatment. 
Is there a way to show this in square? Ex. Treatment $120, insurance covers $100, they then pay me $20. by credit card. 

Message 9 of 13
Alumni

@ginahenry - where would you like to advertise this message - on receipts, your website? 

Justin
Message 10 of 13

I would like it to show on the receipts that are emailed as well as in square. 
As it stands, I think doing manual receipts are the only way to do this.
But would love to be able to show both payments (portion from benefits and portion from client) in the email as well as in square. 

Message 11 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@ginahenry I've merged your post with an existing thread. Getting an official itemized receipt is currently a feature request, but you can always add those details under your Item Description(s) that will break down how much insurance pays of your services. The item description will print on receipts. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 12 of 13

This does not help with showing the proper GST paid.

Message 13 of 13