x

How can I track payments by readers or devices?

The title of this thread has been edited.

Hi, I am a taxi owner and 5 of my drivers have a square reader with all money going to my business account. How can I regulate the settings  in  the app so each card reader is allocated to a person so I know how much they have taken by card every week ?  Neil 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Nmacaskill1976, welcome to the Seller Community!

There are a couple of ways we can track this. The first option is the simplest (and free!) - you can track the device by naming them:

• On Android devices, open the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines > Settings > Hardware > Device name > > enter a name.

• On iOS devices, open your device’s Settings > tap General > About > Name and edit the name associated with your device.

Once you’ve named your device, you’ll be able to track which device accepted each payment by downloading your Transactions spreadsheet or filtering your sales by device by selecting Filter By. Learn more about tracking payments.

Alternatively, you can subscribe to Team Plus and track team sales. It's important to note that Team Plus is a paid subscription service (it's £20/month).

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Nmacaskill1976, welcome to the Seller Community!

There are a couple of ways we can track this. The first option is the simplest (and free!) - you can track the device by naming them:

• On Android devices, open the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines > Settings > Hardware > Device name > > enter a name.

• On iOS devices, open your device’s Settings > tap General > About > Name and edit the name associated with your device.

Once you’ve named your device, you’ll be able to track which device accepted each payment by downloading your Transactions spreadsheet or filtering your sales by device by selecting Filter By. Learn more about tracking payments.

Alternatively, you can subscribe to Team Plus and track team sales. It's important to note that Team Plus is a paid subscription service (it's £20/month).

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2