x

How can I un-sync my Etsy account from Square?

I’m trying to figure out how to un-sync my Etsy from my square? Does anyone know how? 

Message 1 of 19
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How can I un-sync my Etsy account from Square?

It's easy. Go to your Shop Manager > Scroll down till you see Square > Click it > Scroll down or look for Disconnect From My Square > Confirm.

I used to have this synced all the time until I learned that Etsy will take a percentage of in-person sales even when there is no connection with Etsy to any actual active listings i.e. they had nothing to do with the sales. 

If this is your issue too then a way around this is to sync your Square to Etsy about a week after your in person sales are made on a day you aren't performing any new in-person transactions. This will allow your sales counts from Square to show up in your total store sales on Etsy but without having to pay Etsy a cut from work they had nothing to do with. 

I'm glad I figured this out after the first mistake this happened because I just wasn't having it. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

It's easy. Go to your Shop Manager > Scroll down till you see Square > Click it > Scroll down or look for Disconnect From My Square > Confirm.

I used to have this synced all the time until I learned that Etsy will take a percentage of in-person sales even when there is no connection with Etsy to any actual active listings i.e. they had nothing to do with the sales. 

If this is your issue too then a way around this is to sync your Square to Etsy about a week after your in person sales are made on a day you aren't performing any new in-person transactions. This will allow your sales counts from Square to show up in your total store sales on Etsy but without having to pay Etsy a cut from work they had nothing to do with. 

I'm glad I figured this out after the first mistake this happened because I just wasn't having it. 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

I'd like to know that same thing!  I do not want to use Square for my Etsy shops.  I sell in person once a year using the Square but do not want to deal with locating the item on my tablet/phone while a customer is waiting!!  Please help.  I feel that I've been given a choice for payment but now am forced to be involved whether I like it or not!!  

Message 2 of 19
Alumni

Hi @NissysBowtique & @mimismunchkins2 - Thansk for your question. Etsy should have more information about how to unlink your accounts on their site. See more here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399

Message 3 of 19

Well.....that's the page I read to help me unlink only to find it's about setting up, billing, and managing the integration of Etsy and Square. So.....my question has not been answered!!!!

Message 4 of 19

I have maintained a Square Marketplace shop (happily) since 2014 and I love the convenience and ability to sell on-line and in-person. My billing for all transactions have been according to the Square fee schedule. No issues.

I also have an Etsy shop. Based on the notice from Etsy that it is using Square to process in-person sales, I synced my Etsy account with Square. Some, but not all items, overlap. This past weekend, I used the Square app at a show and sold items from my Square Marketplace shop. I was charged the normal Square fee (as expected) PLUS an Etsy transaction fee for every transaction, even for items that were never in my Etsy shop.

I am trying to find out how to separate the items so that I am only charged the Square fee for my Square Marketplace inventory? I shouldn’t be charged by Etsy for Square Marketplace transactions. Do I need to cancel my Etsy shop? Anyone else getting double billed?.

Message 5 of 19
Alumni

Hi @BaunGalleries - Looking at Etsy's FAQs on Square I found some more information. Not sure how much this applies to you, but it's probably worth checking out. 

If you have any other questions, you should reach out to Etsy. 

Message 6 of 19

It's really easy to unlink. I panicked as something popped up on my account about how to link up and I did then found out there was a charge.

Okay go to your Shop Manager and near the bottom you will see sales channels. My Square one was the last one. Click on the Square tab and you will see Sync listings (I had not syned my listings), then a second tab I think and then at the bottom it says unlink you Square account. Just hit that and it will unlink. Now that I've unlinked I can't see it anymore. I just have the Sell in person at the bottom of my sales channels. If you need help, let me know.

Message 7 of 19

Hi There!  I did exactly that, but am still seeing my items listed in my library when I go into my square app.  Do we need to do something else?

Message 8 of 19

Hey @twoblooms! Did you still see your Etsy items in the Square Library after un-linking? 

Message 9 of 19

I have tried to do the unlink square from etsy button but my etsy items are still showing up on square.  I do more in person sales than etsy sales and feel it is unfair to pay etsy for items not listed on the etsy site.  Please help

Message 10 of 19

Best Answer

Message 11 of 19

I UNDERSTAND YOU SET UP A SEPERATE LOCATION ON SQUARE TO SYNC WITH ETSY.  I DID A MARKET ONCE. EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE ETSY TRIED TO GRAB MONEY ON EVERY SINGLE ONE.  NOW I have an etsy location and its only purpose is for etsy while I use my home location for every other location.  I hope I never have that problem again. We shall see. 

Message 12 of 19

Hello @oeurve, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with Etsy. Although I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from using foul language on the Seller Community in your future posts. It's a violation of the Seller Community Etiquette Guidelines, and they're automatically edited. 

With that being said, let's dive into your question! 😊

So, I don't see why you couldn't unlink the accounts and re-sync after your in person events. Although there are some possible issues that came to mind. I'm not sure how this is going to effect your inventory on the Etsy side of things. You might have to manually adjust your Etsy inventory if you have shared listings. Also I'm not sure if this is going to skew your reporting. For example, if you unlink the accounts and complete physical transactions and online transactions in the same time frame. I'm not sure how it's going to work. 

This is the first time someones asked this so there are a few variables that I'm unsure of. I guess you'll be a pioneer, kind of like Neil Armstrong or Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin. 😉 🚀

Message 13 of 19

I got this from a very helpful Esty support person yesterday. I guess it really is "location, location, location":

You should have a specific Square location set up for your Etsy shop. This location should only be used to sell your Etsy inventory. When an item is sold through the location for your Etsy shop, the sale will incur a $0.20 “Square manual” fee, which appears on your Etsy bill.

If you wish to sell other items separate from your Etsy shop, they must be sold from a different Square location. Otherwise, Etsy counts it as an Etsy sale, and the Etsy fee is applied.

If you wish to sell items that are not associated with your Etsy shop, I recommend that you set up or choose a separate Square location for those items. Square offers more information about locations here.

Message 14 of 19

What about items I have listed in etsy but sell at an in person event? All of my items are one of a kind. I want the sync function  so they would be removed automatically  from etsy if I sold them at an art show. How do I prevent etsy from charging for in person sales when Inventory is synced?

Message 15 of 19
Alumni

Hi @judyrents. Thanks for posting and Welcome 🙂 Sounds like your question is better suited for Esty. Have you tried contacting them? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 19

I have unsinced from Square in my Etsy account.  However, all of my products are still showing up from my Etsy Shop.  I think I would like them out to be sure there won't be any trouble with the surcharge from Etsy.  

Can anyone help??

Message 17 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi @scriptandribbon - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed un-syncing Etsy from their Square account. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

When you remove a synced integration from your Square account, this will prevent any future syncing from occurring. It will not automatically remove the items that have already been synced. If you haven't done so already, you can go into your Square Item Library on your Dashboard or in the app and remove any unwanted Etsy items.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 19

Un-sync account.

Once that's done they won't be an issue even if they are showing up in square. I know it's kind of a pain and annoying to keep seeing a connection, visually, between these two entities that are kind of rude to us by price gouging via fee after fee after fee., but as long as you un-sync there won't be a problem.

You can also create a like $1.00 post for a download or something and buy it yourself from a different account or ask someone else to buy it from you (give them the dollar haha) to verify no fee has been subtracted from the sale by square.

What I do as a vendor is - before an event is I un-sync Square from Etsy but I actually use Square to take payments at events. Then I re-sync them like a week or so later (after Square is done processing all the transactions/fees). Then at some point within a day to a week Etsy reads the sales you make with Square and adds them to your total sales count without subtracting any fees. Sort of lame a bit much to think about but...

Message 19 of 19