x

How can I upgrade from square app to square retail ?

I think I have the square app but need the square retail pos. How do I upgrade without losing my inventory uploaded?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @Pleasantview. I’m going to defer to the Square folks for the details. But I’m an ice cream shop. I installed and have played with Retail as part of my fellow-seller support duties here. The transition should be seamless. In other words, I’d recommend installing Square for Retail app and looking it over. Your item library, inventory, etc, should be fine. The only difference you should notice is more and better retail/Inventory functionality. Both share the same basic item library. Retail adds more inventory functions though. 

To be certain I’m not missing something, wait for guidance from the Square Customer Support Team, though. I notified them to tell you if I’m leading you astray! Lol

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”

User of the following third-party apps (ask for help or a referral link):

FreshKDS — Kitchen Display System
Bookkeep — Automated Revenue Accounting
Restoke — Menu Pricing and real-time inventory
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@Pleasantview ;

When I first signed up for Square for Retail there were ads I kept getting on my Square Desktop Dashboard for it.  It would offer me a Free trial for a time frame.  

Since I already have Square for Retail I no longer get these ads but have found this link in the dashboard.

more-from-square#category-section-posSystems 

You can also find this from your Home page on the dashboard bottom Left corner More From Square link.

I believe this will ask you about signing up for Square for Retail, and only shows items from Square that you do not subscribe to or have added I believe.  Since I can not see the Square for Retail button there to add.

Now Square for Retail has an App for the Iphones and Ipads but not for Android devices.  You need to use the Square for Retail app on an Ipad or Iphone to use its Full potential.  This is a Green Square logo for the App, the Grey or Black Square Logo Icon is for Square POS.  I believe Square still offers the Square for Retail Free but has a few less features and higher processing fees than the Paid subscription.

Here is a comparison of Square POS, Square for Retail (Free) and Square for Retail (Paid):

5980-compare-square-for-retail-and-square-point-of-sale 

To setup with Square for retail you can also follow this Link:

6349-create-a-device-code-for-square-for-retail 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3