x

How can I view the processing fees for each transaction?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: processing fees report]

We need to see the fees in detail for each transaction not just summaries.

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @printfast.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you go to Transactions within the Online Dashboard, select a time frame, and then select Export Transactions CSV, you will download an excel spreadsheet which shows you each specific transaction and the processing fee. 

I hope this is helpful. If not, let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @printfast.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you go to Transactions within the Online Dashboard, select a time frame, and then select Export Transactions CSV, you will download an excel spreadsheet which shows you each specific transaction and the processing fee. 

I hope this is helpful. If not, let me know! 

Message 2 of 14

Many thanks for your support. This does give us some insight into the fees that we are being charged per transaction. The resulting report has a column for "fees", which when calculated with the "fee percentage rate" and "fee fixed rate" does equal the net amount that we receive.

I just suspected that perhaps the report would show all the other fees like like our other card processors charge us for like "interchange fees", etc...but I guess that's all blended into our "fee" percentage.

So I think we're good to close this request ticket. Again, many thanks!

Message 3 of 14

"Every time a customer uses a credit card in your store, a fee is charged by the cardholder's bank......Square is required to give a percentage of the funds collected to your customer's card issuer" These fees are mentioned under "INTERCHANGE FEES" & "ASSESSMENT FEES" in your documents re: pricing.

Are the above fees in addition to your stated processing fees, i.e., 2.6% + 10cents?

If so, what would be the approximate/average charge (Visa/Mastercard)?

Message 4 of 14

Response doesn't answer my question.

Message 5 of 14

HELLLLOOOO? Response doesn't answer my question

Message 6 of 14

"Every time a customer uses a credit card in your store, a fee is charged by the cardholder's bank......Square is required to give a percentage of the funds collected to your customer's card issuer" These fees are mentioned under "INTERCHANGE FEES" & "ASSESSMENT FEES" in the documents re: pricing.

Are the above fees in addition to the stated processing fees, i.e., 2.6% + 10cents?

Previous response does not answer the question.

Message 7 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @moof - I apologize for any confusion here. The fees that Square charges include the fees that we pay to your card company. No extra fee or work required by the Seller.

Hope that answers your inquiry! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 14

Excellent, thank you!l

Message 9 of 14

"Every time a customer uses a credit card in your store, a fee is charged by the cardholder's bank......Square is required to give a percentage of the funds collected to your customer's card issuer" These fees are mentioned under "INTERCHANGE FEES" & "ASSESSMENT FEES" in the documents re: pricing.

Are the above fees in addition to the stated processing fees, i.e., 2.6% + 10cents?

Previous response does not answer the question.

Message 10 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @moof 👋 Just a quick house-keeping note here. Since this post was a duplicate of your previous post, I've gone ahead and merged it into the original thread.

Have a great day! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

This is no longer the case as of 2022. The new version of reports (since I last ran them last year) no longer show the per transaction processing fees.  Is there a workaround with the new reports.

Message 12 of 14

If I'm understanding this thread correctly, I now have to do an export to see the transaction fees for each transaction? What the heck has Square done to the navigation and usability of their site? This is really frustrating. Why can't I see the fee right on the screen when I look at the transaction anymore?

Message 13 of 14

Actually, I've found it myself. If you click on the Transaction from the Transactions page, it displays on the right hand side. Scroll all the way to the bottom and the fee is visible (although grayed out and not very prominent).

Message 14 of 14