x

How can a customer independently add a card on file after they've already paid an invoice?

Need information on how a customer can go back to add a card on file themselves, after they've already paid their invoice, if they want to do so at a later time for future purchases? Is there a way I, as the merchant, can send them a link to the 'card on file dashboard' so they can add their first card?

I invoice my customers and already have the 'allow customer to store card on file' box checked. The issue is as above...if the customer doesn't store a card when paying that invoice, but *later* wants to add one for use with future purchases/invoices, how can they do that? 

I'd rather it not rely upon them having to do it through me, whereby I must manually add the card and print/send them the Customer Authorization - that's a cumbersome and unsecure process, further I really don't want to be responsible for storing those authorization forms.

Appreciate any help with this...hoping there's some option that exists which allows a customer to access the card on file dashboard themselves and add a card at any time (and a way for me to send them a link to it, or something).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I believe the only way for a customer to add a card on file would be the next time you send them an invoice, then when they pay it they can check the box.  I don't think there is a way for them to do it at any other point.

Message 2 of 2