x

How can clients confirm their appointments so I am notified?

How can clients confirm their appointments so I am notified?

One feature that I am not seeing on square appointments is a "confirm" button for the clients. The options are "reschedule" or "cancel" Is there a way for a client to confirm their appointment once they receive their notification via email or text. My partner and I like to know how our day is shaping up by the confirmations we get from our clients. We switched to square on the hopes it will help us with keeping up with our clients easier and services, previously we were using just a text message system, but we were notified of a confirmation, cancellation, or if they wanted to reschedule. Square appointments does not give us the confirmations so we have no idea how many people are actually going to show up. Any suggestions? or are we missing this feature in the set up process?

1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: How can clients confirm their appointments so I am notified?

Hi there, 

I've heard a few Square Appointments users request this as well, so I'll let our Appointments Team know that this feature request seems to be getting requested more and more. 

Client side confirmation is not available at this time, as the booking of the appointment is assumed to be confirmed and the client is assumed to show up unless they cancel or reschedule, in which you would then receive confirmation of those changes. 

37 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

I've heard a few Square Appointments users request this as well, so I'll let our Appointments Team know that this feature request seems to be getting requested more and more. 

Client side confirmation is not available at this time, as the booking of the appointment is assumed to be confirmed and the client is assumed to show up unless they cancel or reschedule, in which you would then receive confirmation of those changes. 

Beta Member

I would like my clients to be able to do this also?  Any update?  

Admin

Thanks for your interest in this feature @HeyBaby! I don't have an update at this time, but we are tracking this request.

In the meantime, as EJ mentioned, your customers will receive a confirmation email or SMS notification to confirm their appointment at your business.

This is an absolute necessity for business owners who have appointments.  Can you please ask for this to be an update?  Without it, I will have to consider a different process that is more inline with my needs.  

Thank you!

We are also wanting this feature. Not having it is the only reason why we aren't signing up for Square. Just because a client books an appointment for 2 weeks from now doesn't mean it's confirmed they'll show up. We like for them to actually "confirm" it and have their appointment status change to "confirmed" on the calendar. Without this ability it leaves open a lot of assumptions, and you know what they say about assuming...... 😉

Beta Member

This is something that should be a priority for square to make availalble.  I know my clients receive an email and text.  But there is no way for me to absolutley KNOW that they received it and viewed it!    I am a by appointment only business, and I would like to know the client definitely confirmed that appointment.  When I go in for one client, and they don't show, it is so frustrating.  I feel like I should still be calling to confirm appointments, when I shouldn't have to with todays technology.  

Beta Member

Any update on this? 

Is there any update on this?  I realize this was asked almost a year ago and there are no updates.  I thought I would try Square appointments for my business, but I may have to go back to my old online scheduler.  It was very convenient to get a notification to whether the client confirmed, cancelled or rescheduled and the color would change on the calendar on my end to see if they had responded.  It saved me time from calling or texting them or wondering if they would show up or be a no show.  This is an absolute necessity to businesses that are by appointment only.  

Admin

Thank you for checking in here, @kristencouch, and welcome to the seller community.

While I don't have access to additional information on this request, I've shared your post with our Appointments Team and asked for more details. We'll circle back as soon as there are any developments that we can share out.

Admin

Circling back here: I touched base with our Appointments Team and this is on their radar, though there still isn't a timeline available for when this feature may be added. Please keep in touch for updates.