x

How can i mass load item images?

We have over 2k items each with an image.  Is there a faster way to upload images for each items without having to edit each item and uploading an image?

Message 1 of 53
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @stjgiftshop, welcome to the Community. Currently, there isn't a way to bulk upload item images unfortunately. For now your images do have to be uploaded individually, either from the Dashboard, or mobile device. 

Definitely understand how much work that would save! It's not currently something in development, but I'll track the suggestion with our product and update here should that change in the future. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Square Community Moderator

Hi @snowygrey - thanks for your candidness. We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

We understand that you will need to do what is best for your business, respectively - we very much appreciate your feedback!

We will continue to push out relevant updates here on this thread as we have news to share. Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 53

With all due respect, this particular feature request seems like a basic requirement rather than a nice to have. Had I know this wasn't an option, I would not have subscribed.

Message 23 of 53

At this point, I'd take a beta-level solution. I'm staring at over 58 hours (realistically, closer to 70) hours of data entry for my 10,000 items that need images.

I understand that your coders live in the world where "perfect" is the expected standard. I recommend that they get Agile (or, improve on it), and establish some relationship managers for your larger accounts (ours is a $250K/year business this year {26 months in}, and we just moved to a larger location that doubled our retail space) to identify what's important to them (i.e., what are the things that--if not fixed--will cause them to go elsewhere).

We only recently moved from the free edition to Square for Retail, and we're already thinking about finding something else.

Message 24 of 53

@ryanspeth  I just sent you a private message. 

I'd be interested in learning more about this challenge you are facing and see if I can help you out 

Message 25 of 53

I'm wondering if there is a way to add pictures to multiple different items at a time instead of one at a time. I love the excel worksheet to add multiple items at once, but it would be awesome to also be able to add pictures to multiple items at once.

Message 26 of 53

Hey @wigglesandwhisk and thank you for posting! I've merged your post with an existing thread in which other sellers are also requesting this feature. Right now, there is not a way to upload more than one image at a time and this will have to be done per item. 

I will continue to track feedback for this request as well. Thank you again. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 27 of 53

@AshleyK and the rest of the square team.  Please get with it!  This thread has been around for years and you have done nothing.  Having to upload images one at a time is a HUGE waste of time.  Talk to the folks over at Handshake (app.handshake.com).  The have a way I can bulk upload images in a zip file.  All I have to do is ensure the image file name is the same as the Sku.  Shouldn't be that hard to do, this is the 21st century isn't it...

Message 28 of 53

Especially when your vendors provide you with a spreadsheet containing all of their products and the online image URL where the picture is available!

That would make it as simple as populating an ImageURL field in the spreadsheet. Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

Message 29 of 53

I'm new to this platform.  Bulk upload of all images is a must have and unbelievable that it's still unavailable.  This along with broken customer name data in the item detail report from the SQ dashboard reports and no SNAP payment feature is pushing us to find other commerce platforms.

Message 30 of 53

Is there a way to bulk upload images?

Michael Evans
Message 31 of 53
Super Seller

Not that I am aware of.  I have tried from Ipad and from a computer and looked for this answer before and it always ends up being No for the answer.   Hope this gets fixed soon!

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 32 of 53
Beta Member

@Spenser @Helen @isabelle @JustinC @Joe @AshleyK Because of the pandemic, we have no choice but to reconsider Square/Weebly to get a website up and running quickly. The requirement to bulk upload images for the website is a critical one. I see that this was requested nearly three years ago and Square / Weebly has not made it a priority, nor is there a date for this to be released. Adding images one at a time may work for tiny operations, but we have tens of thousands of SKU's; in our "Incense" category alone we have over 1000 types and variations. It would take us WEEKS to upload our entire database!

If Square wants to compete, and retain the business of larger customers, they have to start delivering core functionality.

We have no choice but to either launch a site without photos or find another solution and update inventory manually. 

Message 33 of 53

If image links could be added to a CSV or Excel File that would be extraordinary. My supplier give me online links to product images in the form of an excel doc, and there is no way to link this too my site, even though all other options are in the CSV file, images was left out. If there is a way to do this that would be great. 

Message 34 of 53

Still waiting on answer regarding bulk uploading of photos to items, is there any progress?

Message 35 of 53

@JonJElks If anything changes we'll be sure to update the thread!

Ashley C
Message 36 of 53

Why is this thread marked solved when it is in fact not actually solved?  Any updated on where things stand with mass upload of images?

Message 37 of 53
Alumni

@jackiedarends no updates on future availability at this time

Justin
Message 38 of 53

Following. Looks like this has been requested since 2017 SMH

Message 39 of 53

In 4 years of waiting for this, is it still not possible to just include an image link on each product line-item and bulk upload via the product spreadsheet import?

Message 40 of 53

Hi @alec_evp,

Thanks for getting in touch and highlighting this feature request. While we don't have an update on this feature request at the moment, we continue to pass on feedback and advocate for the features we receive. 

Take a look at this article for an insight into how feature requests in the Seller Community work. 

We appreciate you taking the time to write in and share your suggestions, and will notify you here as soon as we have any news! 

Message 41 of 53

I do estate sales and have 500-800 items to upload per sale. A bulk photo upload is a must have for me. I would sign up in a second if they had it. Whoever is making the decisions here is missing a huge opportunity for growth in this time of exploding internet online sales. Get with it Square!

Message 42 of 53