x

How can i mass load item images?

We have over 2k items each with an image.  Is there a faster way to upload images for each items without having to edit each item and uploading an image?

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @stjgiftshop, welcome to the Community. Currently, there isn't a way to bulk upload item images unfortunately. For now your images do have to be uploaded individually, either from the Dashboard, or mobile device. 

Definitely understand how much work that would save! It's not currently something in development, but I'll track the suggestion with our product and update here should that change in the future. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square

Best Answer

Hi @stjgiftshop, welcome to the Community. Currently, there isn't a way to bulk upload item images unfortunately. For now your images do have to be uploaded individually, either from the Dashboard, or mobile device. 

Definitely understand how much work that would save! It's not currently something in development, but I'll track the suggestion with our product and update here should that change in the future. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26

This seems an odd oversight - I too expected to be able to upload images in batch.  Would you put that into a feature request and keep me updated ?

Message 3 of 26
Admin

I will do that @pables

If you subscribe to this thread you'll be notified of an updates — look for the word Subscribe at the top right of the thread. 👍

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 26

I was asked by a friend who is taking his store online due to covid-19 with help uploading images for 1,000- sku's.

Based on some initial research this looks to be possible as a custom development solution using their developer documentation. I'm going to take a crack at it over the next couple of days as a one off solution.  

Does any body else have this problem?

I'd be interested to hear you unique needs. Maybe I'll convert it into a more robust solution.

- Peter

Message 5 of 26
Beta Member

This has to be one of the biggest drawbacks. We can definitely bulk upload items.. but not images. We have spent too much time uploading images.

Please help us small biz owners in time of COVID.

Message 6 of 26
Admin

Hey @JoeOnline-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

We understand this limitation is not ideal, and can cause a lot of extra work by having to upload each image individually. I can assure you that we are working on developing a way to bulk upload item images. With the new update to our Online Store, we understand how important of a feature this is.

When I hear an update on the development of this feature, I'll make sure to post in this thread. Thank you for your patience. 

Isabelle She/Her

Seller Community Moderator, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 26

So, it's 8 months later for a basic feature. Yet no response or comments on this from Weebly despite it being requested by the community since 2017. On what planet should we expect people to buy items without a photo?

Message 8 of 26

my images are in the CSV file is this also a limitation of Square that it wont import them because it imported the image links but not their positions so the images aren't populating.  Is there a way around this since it diud allow me to upload and import the image links...

Message 9 of 26

New to this platform but not to web coding. 

I'm continually frustrated at the lack of scalability of this platform.

I have around 100-150 items for sale and I'm wanting to update existing images for items already entered. Normally I would just log into an account and upload new files to the images folder, overwriting the old files with new ones. This is a basic feature that should be available. A website interface for this should be easy to make, every web host offer this. Unless I'm missing something, currently I will need to open each item, remove the images that are there, add the new images, arrange them in the order I want them, then save. Provided your website interface is running smoothly (not a given) this could take me 2 hours to make happen, instead of 30 sec.

Once I scale up to 1,000 items, it could take me two days of doing nothing but updating images.

Is there an advanced feature I'm missing here?

I'm continually running into basic issues with this platform that involve scalability. This makes me question if anyone at Square actually uses this platform for a real business of even modest size.

You already have a web interface to bulk upload images for a single item, they must be going someplace central. Can this be expanded to upload in bulk for all items?

It seems like a simple thing that someone else should have thought of already.

Message 10 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the detailed feedback. As you've noticed, there isn't a way to bulk upload images but it's a definitely a feature request our Product Team has heard before and continuously tracking. 

Hopefully we have some news to share in the near future. Stay tuned for updates @ryanspeth

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 26

This is simple and necessary and according to this thread has been asked about for over 3 YEARS.  Add a URL field to the spreadsheet that it can access and upload from - many other platforms do this.  I have over 10,000 items and you want me to upload each picture manually - you're crazy.  I guess maybe it's time to really check out other platforms which is a shame because I have been with Square with my two companies since you started - so many many years.  But between this and allowing overselling of items - another thing that has been on discussion threads for even more years - I think I'm done.

Message 12 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi @snowygrey - thanks for your candidness. We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

We understand that you will need to do what is best for your business, respectively - we very much appreciate your feedback!

We will continue to push out relevant updates here on this thread as we have news to share. Thanks, again!

Joe
Message 13 of 26

With all due respect, this particular feature request seems like a basic requirement rather than a nice to have. Had I know this wasn't an option, I would not have subscribed.

Message 14 of 26

@ryanspeth  I just sent you a private message. 

I'd be interested in learning more about this challenge you are facing and see if I can help you out 

Message 15 of 26

I'm wondering if there is a way to add pictures to multiple different items at a time instead of one at a time. I love the excel worksheet to add multiple items at once, but it would be awesome to also be able to add pictures to multiple items at once.

Message 16 of 26

Hey @wigglesandwhisk and thank you for posting! I've merged your post with an existing thread in which other sellers are also requesting this feature. Right now, there is not a way to upload more than one image at a time and this will have to be done per item. 

I will continue to track feedback for this request as well. Thank you again. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 17 of 26

@AshleyK and the rest of the square team.  Please get with it!  This thread has been around for years and you have done nothing.  Having to upload images one at a time is a HUGE waste of time.  Talk to the folks over at Handshake (app.handshake.com).  The have a way I can bulk upload images in a zip file.  All I have to do is ensure the image file name is the same as the Sku.  Shouldn't be that hard to do, this is the 21st century isn't it...

Message 18 of 26

I'm new to this platform.  Bulk upload of all images is a must have and unbelievable that it's still unavailable.  This along with broken customer name data in the item detail report from the SQ dashboard reports and no SNAP payment feature is pushing us to find other commerce platforms.

Message 19 of 26
Beta Member

@Spenser @Helen @Isabelle_ @JustinC @Joe @AshleyK Because of the pandemic, we have no choice but to reconsider Square/Weebly to get a website up and running quickly. The requirement to bulk upload images for the website is a critical one. I see that this was requested nearly three years ago and Square / Weebly has not made it a priority, nor is there a date for this to be released. Adding images one at a time may work for tiny operations, but we have tens of thousands of SKU's; in our "Incense" category alone we have over 1000 types and variations. It would take us WEEKS to upload our entire database!

If Square wants to compete, and retain the business of larger customers, they have to start delivering core functionality.

We have no choice but to either launch a site without photos or find another solution and update inventory manually. 

Message 20 of 26

If image links could be added to a CSV or Excel File that would be extraordinary. My supplier give me online links to product images in the form of an excel doc, and there is no way to link this too my site, even though all other options are in the CSV file, images was left out. If there is a way to do this that would be great. 

Message 21 of 26