x

How can i print labels for my entire inventory without having to select item by item?

I have over 500 different evening gowns at my store. We specalize in NOT having the same dress more than once, and i have created my labels, and identifiers, etc via the template. My problem is when I go to print the labels, I have to choose EVERY SINGLE dress one by one to auto populate its individual label. Is there a way to print out the entire library of items without having to select every single one, by hand?

I hope this makes sense! Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

It sounds like you need to setup a variable data label. There are a lot of configurations that you could employ to do this... The most economical is probably with a Dymo label printer. It comes with its own software called Dymo Label. You create a label template that will be used for every item, then import a CSV file which contains all of your inventory, and relevant information. You pick which columns of info are assigned to which element on your label and you're done! You can then select a range of labels to print all at once, or just 1 at a time.

I've used Adobe Illustrator to do this, which gives me a little more flexibility in the design... You can use Adobe's In Design too... It takes a little time to setup though. And I find that with changing inventory and prices, it's difficult for me to keep an accurate variable label file of our products, so I only use this method for a few groups of items that I know won't change in the near future. Each time there is something that changes, you have to update your file (which can get annoying).

Message 2 of 3

I would also like to see this option as well. When adding inventory after the first import, you can not print large quantities without either reprinting previously printed tags, or individually selecting each product to print the tag. This is super inconvinient.

Also, you can not sort your inventory at all by anything other than the name of the product. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 3