x

How can i switch country on setting?

I wanna know how can I switch Square account from US to other country?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

No, you can't switch the county your Square account is based in, but you can apply for a Square account in another Square approved country if you meet said counties Square requirements.

So you can't take your US based Square account to Canada, but you could possibly have both a US based and Canadian based Square account.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

No, you can't switch the county your Square account is based in, but you can apply for a Square account in another Square approved country if you meet said counties Square requirements.

So you can't take your US based Square account to Canada, but you could possibly have both a US based and Canadian based Square account.

Message 2 of 6

When in Canada, I attempted to set up square to take payments, unsuccessfully.

Now the app assumes I'm Canadian based, when I actually US based. How do I change this?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Welcome back, @fantcont! I've moved your post over to this thread where @VanKalkerFarms answered this question. To accept payments using Square in the US, you'll want to create a Square account here in the US.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I've tried everything I can think of (uninstalling & reinstalling US square) but it still defaults to Canada in my business settings. I've waited 5 days for square to respond to my e-mail and phone help is not available!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @fantcont

Check out the Best Answer by @VanKalkerFarms

You won't be able to change the account from one country to another. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6