x

How can my clients book appointments online?

How can my clients book on line?

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Lildetails1 — welcome to our seller community! 🙂

With Square Appointments, you have a variety of options to offer your clients for online booking:

• Booking Site
  • Booking Button
  • Booking Website Embed

For more details on how these work and how to set them up, have a look at our Support Center: Set Up Online Booking with Square Appointments.

You can also send invitations to your customers. Hope this helps get you in the right direction — let us know if you have any other questions about getting started! 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Lildetails1 — welcome to our seller community! 🙂

With Square Appointments, you have a variety of options to offer your clients for online booking:

• Booking Site
  • Booking Button
  • Booking Website Embed

For more details on how these work and how to set them up, have a look at our Support Center: Set Up Online Booking with Square Appointments.

You can also send invitations to your customers. Hope this helps get you in the right direction — let us know if you have any other questions about getting started! 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 24

How can you add an appointment button to the squarespace store?

Message 3 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @phlux

You're able to embed your appointments services to your website using the embed code provided in your Appointments Dashboard: 

1. Visit the Online Booking tab of your Appointments dashboard > click Website Embed.
  2. Copy the block of code provided.
  3. Within your Content Management System (CMS), you’ll be able to paste this block of code to a new or existing page, preview, and publish.

These steps could vary depending on your Content Management System, so you might want to reach out to Squarespace directly for detailed instructions. 

Message 4 of 24

The help info says "Go to the Online Booking tab of your Appointments dashboard and click Invite Now." When I go here I don't see an "invite now" option.

Message 5 of 24
Admin

Thanks for flagging this, @bmclinn! 💯 I see what you mean—the option was renamed to "Create Campaign". If you head over to your Online Booking tab > Create Campaign, you'll be able to go forward with creating an email invite to send to your clients. We'll be sure to get our content updated ASAP. 😅

Apologies for the confusion—hope this helps get you where you need to be.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 24

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Where is the booking site?" The author has been notified via email.

Where is the booking site for my clients who want to book appts?

Message 7 of 24

I would like to know this as well. I would LOVE to have this info on my biz cards but the URL is very LONG! Will there ever be an App for the clients to use as others have? Or a central place (with a shorter URL) that they can log into?

Message 8 of 24

Hello @ATherapeutics, welcome to the Seller Community! 

You could shorten the URL to your Online Booking site by using a service called Bitly. What I really like about it is you can customize the shortened URL that you share out. 

Right now an Appointments App for clients is not on our road map. If it's something you're interested in, you can make a feature request thread for it and I'll move it to the features board for you. 🙂

Message 9 of 24

I want to add modifiers to an item with variations during online booking. I have a detail shop and I need to have a basic item: "Car Wash", with variations: "Car"   -   "Truck"   -    "Van"

After this is selected ("Car" for instance), I need to be able to add a modifier: "+wax"

This allows a customer to select a "wash service" for a "Car" (which is a different price than a Van) and then add a "wax" service to the wash service.

This is in reference to online booking from the client side. It appears to work for the cashier side but the client side does not allow those choices. That makes no sense whatsoever. If the client is booking online from their side, how are the items supposed to be selected? Having to speak to the client about what they actually want defeats the purpose of an auto-pilot online scheduling system. It is just as quick to just have them call and schedule. PLEASE help! I am trying to migrate from another service. Need to know something really quick, so that I can choose a different service. I don't have days or weeks to get an answer. Thanks.

Message 10 of 24
Admin

Hey @sveltdetailing

Thanks for your post in this thread. 

Before I provide some answers here, I want to make sure I have a good understanding of what systems you're using for Online Booking. Are you using Square Appointments or Square Online Store for your clients? 

Let me know, and I'll reply as soon as I can! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 24

Square Appointments with everything set up as services

Message 12 of 24

Thanks for sending that in. So, based off what you are asking, this is definitely a feature request for now, but it is on our radar and we are working to improve this experience for you.

For online booking, we use Appointments, and that would be set up with Services instead of items. Here is a help article link: squ.re/onlinebook

I have also merged your question with a thread that may better answer your questions. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 24
Beta Member

I am trying to find a way to have my customers book an appointment for an item in my online store. I was wondering if there is a way for me to put in a button that will link them to my appointment calendar at checkout. Please let me know. 

Message 14 of 24
Alumni

Yes, you can create a book button on your Online Store site but there's not a way to add it to checkout. 

Visit Dashboard > Appointments > Online Booking > Booking Site to create a booking button.  @RuralCarriage

Justin
Message 15 of 24
Beta Member

Thanks Justin, 

I figured it out, I created a link in the description of the item.

Message 16 of 24

My website is set up like a store I'm sure i did that on accident but i would like it to be turned from a store to a booking site for my beauty appointments but can't seem to do it! please help!!

Message 17 of 24

HI, the available formats for Square is the Retail Format or Menu Format.  You can read more about Square Appointments here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5355-set-up-online-booking-with-square-appointments

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 18 of 24

How do I set up online appointments 

Message 19 of 24

Hi @Kia2 and welcome to the Community,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center before making a new thread. Thank you!

Ashley C
Message 20 of 24

I am about to set up online booking. I want customers to book their appointment from a few options of services, not from all my services. There might be this feature to hide some services and leave some open,  but I was not able to find it.  Can anyone advise how to do this?

Message 21 of 24