x

How can my customer re-subscribe to emails from my business?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Customer Resubscribing to Emails

I have a customer who at one point unsubscribed from our emails, and is now requesting to be put back on our list. Is there a way to get him re-subscribed? He belongs to a club we have and is unable to receive those emails. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

If your customer has unsubscribed from automatic receipts, they can resubscribe by selecting Manage Preferences at the bottom of any Square receipt, @Shannon-Soaked. They will have the option to resubscribe to automatic receipts for purchases from your business alone, or from all sellers.

If you're referring to marketing emails, your customer should be able to re-subscribe to your marketing emails by following those same steps. Please let us know if you have any questions about this!

Edited to add one more option: 

Best option here if your customer does not have a receipt they can access is to provide your customer with a link to log in directly to their Square profile. They can manage their preferences and re-subscribe to marketing emails once they log in here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi hi @KristinD - and welcome to the Seller Community

I've merged your post into this thread where I covered the options your customer can choose from in order to re-subscribe to your email marketing. This article can be shared with your customers who are looking to manage their email preferences as well 

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Best Answer

If your customer has unsubscribed from automatic receipts, they can resubscribe by selecting Manage Preferences at the bottom of any Square receipt, @Shannon-Soaked. They will have the option to resubscribe to automatic receipts for purchases from your business alone, or from all sellers.

If you're referring to marketing emails, your customer should be able to re-subscribe to your marketing emails by following those same steps. Please let us know if you have any questions about this!

Edited to add one more option: 

Best option here if your customer does not have a receipt they can access is to provide your customer with a link to log in directly to their Square profile. They can manage their preferences and re-subscribe to marketing emails once they log in here.

Valentina
Message 2 of 16

Thanks @Valentina, I will contact him and see if he can resubscribe! Any suggestions if he no longer has the email? If I can't get him an email, how would be be able to do this?

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

@Valentina 

If they customer puts in their contact info on the Email Signup page, would that work to re-subscribe?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 16
Alumni

If you have an email sign-up page or embedded sign-up form set up, as @pessosices suggested here, your customer can definitely provide their email address using it. Email addresses and names shared by your customers using these tools will be saved in your Customer Directory, @Shannon-Soaked.

If you don't want to set up a sign-up page or form, and your customer is unable to access any digital receipts from your business to resubscribe, let us know - we can dig in and figure something out!

Valentina
Message 5 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

@Valentina If a customer unsubscribed from emails, would filling out the Sign-Up form re-subscribe them?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 16
Alumni

If your customer is able to locate a previous receipt, and click the Manage Preferences option at the bottom, they will have the option to re-subscribe to automatic receipts and marketing emails through their Square profile.

Best option here if your customer does not have a receipt they can access is to provide your customer with a link to log in directly to their Square profile. They can manage their preferences and re-subscribe to marketing emails once they log in here. Let us know if any other questions come up, @Shannon-Soaked!

If a customer provides their email using a sign-up page or form, they will not be automatically re-subscribed to your marketing emails. Their email will be collected and saved in your Customer Directory. Thanks for the help with this one, @pessosices 😊

Valentina
Message 7 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

@Valentina 

Wooooah, that Customer Profile log in thing is amazing!
I would love to see that expanded with more features & information, and maybe even worked into the Loyalty Log-in Page, and in so many more places.

I'd love for them to access something like that when they go to the Email Sign Up page too - instead of a simple confirmation page, having it bring up a Customer Profile page with their email preferences, loyalty information, and everything else!

Feature Requests, please!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 8 of 16
Alumni

Agreed, @pessosices - this is a super cool page, and I'm sure we can expect to see it evolve to include more useful features over time. I can think of a few other abilities that could be added to the customer profile that would benefit sellers and customer alike!

Valentina
Message 9 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

@Valentina 

Amazing! Can’t wait to see the next steps!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 10 of 16

Wow - you've given me a lot of great information @Valentina and @pessosices , thank you! I will work with my customer to see if we can get him resubscribed. 

I also love the square profile page - that's really awesome!

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

Glad you like the Square Profile page, @Shannon-Soaked - I played around with mine for the first time while answering this question! Love seeing all of the Square sellers I've visited in one place 🌎

Valentina
Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

However, if they do this won't it turn on email notifications for any every business that they have visited? Is there a way for a guest to sign up to receive email notifications for the businesses they prefer vs everyone?

Message 13 of 16

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can a customer subscribe again to marketing after unsubscribing?

Some of my customers have unsubscribed to email marketing. The question is how do they subscribe again after they removed their subscription?

Message 14 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi hi @KristinD - and welcome to the Seller Community

I've merged your post into this thread where I covered the options your customer can choose from in order to re-subscribe to your email marketing. This article can be shared with your customers who are looking to manage their email preferences as well 

Valentina
Message 15 of 16

I just noticed that all my contacts in the Customer Directory say "Nonsubscribed" under the Email category when I click on the contact. Why is this? A lot of these people signed up using my sign up form, myself included and it still says I'm Nonsubscribed. How do I know who has opted in or out of marketing emails and why does it say Nonsubscribed?

Message 16 of 16