x

How can receipts be sent and managed from Square Virtual Terminal?

We're new to using Virtual Terminal.  How are receipts configured for Virtual Terminal users?

If we enter both a phone number and an email address for a customer, which is used for the receipt?

Terry

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@terrythroop

Thanks for the question and welcome to the Community! Happy to have you here.

When you use Virtual terminal, you will be prompted to send a receipt via email or text much like the App. Even if you have added the customer information before the sale, you can still choose your receipt option after the sale.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

I use Virtual Terminal, and sometimes forget to click "Send Receipt" after the transaction. How can I make this automatically emailed to the customer? And how can I view how the receipt looks to the customer via email? And if I customize the receipt, do I get charged $3.26 just once, or for each receipt I send?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Buyers will automatically receive emailed receipts when a transaction is processed via Virtual Terminal only if they are subscribed to Square receipts.

As for how receipts appear to buyers, run a test payment and send the receipt to your email to see how digital receipts appear. Also, you can customize receipts from Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business > Receipts. 

@5elementparent

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4