x
Beta Member

How can you see the customers name in a transaction?

We're using Square for Restaurants.  When we click "Pay" we can then enter a name for the customer.  This is great for being able to call a customers name when their order is ready.  However, I wanted to know how I can search for a transaction by this name in the transaction tab?

Just to be clear, I am not talking about Customers that provide their information to us whether by credit card, email or phone, I'm talking only about the name we can attach to a transaction.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@manousheh403 -

It sounds like you're adding a customer to the transaction itself, so it wouldn't be a note. So exporting the CSV would be your best option at this point. I know it's not ideal for the workflow you have for you business. 

What I can do is tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team to look into it. This would be a feature many sellers could use when looking into their transactions. Thank you for bringing this up in the Community! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @manousheh403

Just want to make sure I am on the same page, are you adding notes to the transaction with a customer's name? 

Or if you're attaching a customer to the Transaction, you would have to look up the transaction under that customer's profile. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to search by customer under the Transactions tab on your Dashboard. The only way to see this would be to export the list of "Item Detail CSV" into Excel and you can see the customer names from there. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

@Kassi_ I'm not really sure if its a note.  Its the step after I hit the "Pay" button.  It requests a name for the customer which I manually enter.  Is that a note?

Message 3 of 6

Best Answer

@manousheh403 -

It sounds like you're adding a customer to the transaction itself, so it wouldn't be a note. So exporting the CSV would be your best option at this point. I know it's not ideal for the workflow you have for you business. 

What I can do is tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team to look into it. This would be a feature many sellers could use when looking into their transactions. Thank you for bringing this up in the Community! 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

@Kassi_ Yes please

Message 5 of 6

@manousheh403 

You got it!  😊

Kassi
Message 6 of 6