x

How do I activate my Square Card?

How do I activate my Square debit card

Message 1 of 65
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here's an article with all the information you need to know about the Square card.  Good luck with it!

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 65

Best Answer

To activate your physical Square Debit Card from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to the Balance section of your online Square Dashboard.

2. Select one of your locations under Locations.

3. Select the gear icon > select Square Checking.

4. Click on Activate physical card.

5. Enter the confirmation code sent to the email address associated with your Square account.

6. Once your account has been verified, enter your Square Debit Card CVV and expiration date

View Best Answer >

Message 58 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

I think my code was sent to the wrong email. I need it sent to lisjortdan1@gmail.com and I think you have lislisjordana1gmail.com on file. Can I get a new activation code please

Message 22 of 65

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: what is first step new to square

hey all my card just arrived what is first step

Message 23 of 65
Admin

Hi @rodt2019! I moved your question to this thread so you can check out the link that @GlassJudy shared. It has all the information you need to know about getting started with the Square Card.

Enjoy!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 24 of 65

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Activating Square Card

Hello, I've searched the app everywhere and can't figure out how to activate my square card. Need help!! Lol

Message 25 of 65
Admin

@mzarag01 Here are the steps to activate your Square Card! 🙂 You can activate the card from your online Square Dashboard or from the Point of Sale app. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 65

I have the card, I have no way to activate it. The screen shot instructions shows a blue activate button. Mine is not blue and no button. Please help.

Message 27 of 65
Square Community Moderator

HI @baum Welcome to the Community 🙂 It's nice to see a new face!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty activating your Square Card. Here are the steps for activating your Square Debit Card on the Square App and from the Dashboard which also includes a Youtube video:

https://squ.re/squarecardGS

Let me know if this helps.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 65

I had to order a new square card. How do I activate it?

Message 29 of 65
Admin

Hi @Shyla77!

I went ahead and moved your comment over to this post because it looks like other Sellers in the Community have had the same question.

Take a look at the best answer or at this article.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 30 of 65

Before I order my card I saw were to activate my square card; now I don’t see it. Is it because my card is activated?

Message 31 of 65
Alumni

Hi there @A31 - you should be able to check on the status of your Square Card from the Balance section of your Square Dashboard. Remember that your Square Card will be associated with a specific location, if you have more than one. If you're not seeing your Square Card here, be sure to use the drop-down tool to check each location. 

I've moved your post over to this thread where @GlassJudy included the link to an article from our Support Center that covers everything you'll need to know about your Square Card. If there's still some confusion, try reaching out directly so we can give you some one-one-one help with this!

Valentina
Message 32 of 65

I need to change my email address that I used to create my account. How do I do this so I can activate my card

Message 33 of 65

How to change email to activate my card 

Message 34 of 65
Alumni

There's no need to change your email to activate your a Square Card. @Vineeventplanni Check out this thread to learn how to activate your card. 

Justin
Message 35 of 65

I need to activate my new replaced card

Message 36 of 65
Beta Member

Go to your square pos app and click on balance, then underneath the words "all activity" you will see the words "square card" and there should be a button that you can slide to activate/turn on your square card @Kekejeffers73 😊 Hope all things work out for you and feel free to FOLLOW ME on Instagram: CLICK HERE TO VIEW PAGE ✌🏽🖤

Message 37 of 65

Thanks for stepping in to assist here, @World_Peace!

@Kekejeffers73 - this resource from our Support Center may be helpful, as well. 

Joe
Message 38 of 65

how do I activate my square card from the app

Message 39 of 65

Hi @Bholston23,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been asked/answered before.

Check out the Best Answer for the Support Center article with steps. 

Ashley C
Message 40 of 65

I cannot "Activate" my Square Card, because I CANNOT ACCESS "Activate Card."  

(And because all support I can find suggests the task is simple, I am making my question as simple as possible. Do not mean to insult the intelligence of other Square members. This has been very frustrating!)

I have had a Square account for some years.  

I ordered and received a Square Card some months ago.

I want to activate my Square Card.

All my searching indicates the following 3 steps:

"1. Go to "Balance". [or, sometimes, 'Go to 'Deposits']."  

"2. Click on  "Square Card."

"3. Click on "Activate Card."  

So I follow the first two directions, (On the Dashboard, I go to Balance, then Square Card), but then the only option available is "Get Card. "  

"Activate Card" is not an option from either Balance or Deposits.  And "Get Card: takes me to the application form I already filled out when I ordered my card. I do not want another Square Card.  

How do I get  "Activate Card?"  to appear?  

Thank you so much for anyone who can tell me how to get to "Activate Card."

Ronardo805

Message 41 of 65

Hi there, @Ronardo805 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

So sorry to hear about the trouble and confusion activating your Square Card. At this time, the Square Card must be activated directly from your mobile Point of Sale App in lieu of the Online Dashboard. Do you utilize the Point of Sale app on your phone? 

To activate your Square Card from your Square app:

1. From your Square app go to Balance > Square Card.
  2. Tap Activate Card and enter the confirmation code sent to the email address associated to your Square account.
  3. Once your account has been verified, connect your reader and swipe your Square Card, or enter your card details manually.
  4. Create your 4-digit PIN > Activate Card.

I've gone ahead and merged your original post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding activating their card. This assists us for record keeping purposes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Message 42 of 65