x

How do I add a name for my second business location?

I have a second business I need to accept payments for. I need the correct business name to be sent to customers.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

you will either want to create a whole new Square account so you can keep your transactions separated completely for taxes, or you can create a second location tied to your original account.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5580-manage-multiple-locations-with-square

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

you will either want to create a whole new Square account so you can keep your transactions separated completely for taxes, or you can create a second location tied to your original account.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5580-manage-multiple-locations-with-square

Message 2 of 6

Can you send a referal to yourself or a separate email so you and your 2nd business both get free processing?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@HoneyBee18 Square's Referral program is for businesses that are new to Square. If you invite friends or other businesses to join Square you'll both receive free processing.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Hi Helen, I have the same question as @HoneyBee18.  I just registered my new business with Square.  I have a second, separate business that I would like to register with another new Square account.  Please advise if for two businesses with the same owner, with one business registered with Square, would the second business be considered as a new customer to Square, and thus the first business be eligible for the referral promotion?  Just want clarity on the promotion policy.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jbgabel 👋 I can step in here while Helen is away! 

This is a great question! Happy to clarify. The referral link will only register to add free processing for users who are brand new to using Square. Our system is intuitive and can catalog when someone who already utilizes Square attempts to sign up using the referral promotion.

I hope this clears up any confusion! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6