x

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Invoice Feature Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature for invoices that is already available for website orders. We currently have the ability to keep up with the progress of our website orders, add tracking numbers for shipments, etc. I do most of my business through invoicing, so unfortunately I do not have the ability to do any of these things. Would it be possible to apply the same features to the invoice tab on the app?  

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid I

PLEASE add this feature to invoices. It's ridiculous to have to e-mail our customers separate from the invoice to inform them of their shipping and tracking info, and not be able to see myself the same information from the invoice itself.

Similarly, why can't we create shipping labels for invoices? I'm really hoping we're just overlooking the obvious here. Instead, we've had to create a hidden page for our store and, for every invoice, log into that hidden page, put in a bogus order for "Shipping Label", then go to Square Online (Weebly), to create the label. That's a TON of extra and disconnected steps, not to mention the need to even set up the additional page, fake item, etc.

I really don't understand how features like this (a) don't exist and (b) take an inexcusable amount of time to implement.

Verified Answer

Re: Item shipped option on invoice

If you are using a Square Online website to allow customers to purchase items from you online, you are able to mark orders as ready for pickup or mark as shipped, @alfoster163.

It isn't possible to take these actions using Square Invoices. If something changes, we'll update this thread!

Verified Answer

Re: adding shipping cost

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Verified Answer

Re: Where can I add flat rate shipping to invoice?

There isn't a native way to do this yet, unfortunately.

What I do for flat rate shipping is have an item named Shipping with a variable price. I add this to the invoice when needed.

136 Comments

Thank you. That is what I will do!

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Is there no way to mark the payment status as Shipped?" The author has been notified via email.

Why is there no way to mark Invoice Status as "shipped" after it's been paid??!!! It is really hard to keep track of which clients I've shipped and not, so I have to create a whole new spreadsheet when this could easily be solved with a button funcion!!!  Am I just missing it?  How is everyone else tracking their process??

sl

Hello @SLclothing

Once an invoice is paid, you won't be able to send documentation to your customer. You would have to email it to them separately.  

Once my customers have paid an invoice, I would like to be able to mark them as shipped once I have either delivered them in person or shipped them. Then I can keep track of ones I still have to fulfill. Is there a way to do this?

Super Seller

There is not a way to mark invoices as shipped.

[This post was merged from the original thread titled: Where can I add flat rate shipping to invoice?]

Where do I add shipping fee to invoice?

Super Seller

There isn't a native way to do this yet, unfortunately.

What I do for flat rate shipping is have an item named Shipping with a variable price. I add this to the invoice when needed.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Adding shipping cost

I don't see a way to add shipping costs without adding it as a line item and then having it discounted with the rest of the items. I recently wanted to start using Square for my wholesale customers after reading a recent email from Square that they have improved their invoice system to make it easier for small businesses like mine. Please let the team know that this needs to be an option asap in order for small businesses to bill accurately.  Thank you for your help!!

Super Seller

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted.