x

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Invoice Feature Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature for invoices that is already available for website orders. We currently have the ability to keep up with the progress of our website orders, add tracking numbers for shipments, etc. I do most of my business through invoicing, so unfortunately I do not have the ability to do any of these things. Would it be possible to apply the same features to the invoice tab on the app?  

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid I

PLEASE add this feature to invoices. It's ridiculous to have to e-mail our customers separate from the invoice to inform them of their shipping and tracking info, and not be able to see myself the same information from the invoice itself.

Similarly, why can't we create shipping labels for invoices? I'm really hoping we're just overlooking the obvious here. Instead, we've had to create a hidden page for our store and, for every invoice, log into that hidden page, put in a bogus order for "Shipping Label", then go to Square Online (Weebly), to create the label. That's a TON of extra and disconnected steps, not to mention the need to even set up the additional page, fake item, etc.

I really don't understand how features like this (a) don't exist and (b) take an inexcusable amount of time to implement.

Verified Answer

Re: Item shipped option on invoice

If you are using a Square Online website to allow customers to purchase items from you online, you are able to mark orders as ready for pickup or mark as shipped, @alfoster163.

It isn't possible to take these actions using Square Invoices. If something changes, we'll update this thread!

Verified Answer

Re: adding shipping cost

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Verified Answer

Re: Where can I add flat rate shipping to invoice?

There isn't a native way to do this yet, unfortunately.

What I do for flat rate shipping is have an item named Shipping with a variable price. I add this to the invoice when needed.

136 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey @williamwm1,

I'm a little confused by your wording here.

Invoices can be tracked from the Invoices tab on the app or Dashboard.

Can you be more specific?

when i make new invoice in my office, how can i let warehouse know i have new invoice need to peck? how can i let my customer know the order is ready to pick up? how can i know the order is picked up? i mean is a way to make one "action box" to let everyone know is peck, ready to pick up, or picked on which day?

@williamwm1 It may be best to reach out to our CS team so they can look at your current setup with you and see if it's set up the best way for your business.

To give them a call- follow this link and select > More I Don't See My Issue. From there it'll show your customer code and our phone number. 

Another method that may be easier for you is to simply add the shipping cost as a line item but inflate the cost by the discount amount.  
e.g.)  Shipping = $25, Discount = 10%.   So inflated shipping cost is 25/0.9=27.78.
There may be a rounding error of 1-2 cents as a result.

I think I have read enough to establish that there is no feature to do this, but I would like to be able to add a tracking # to an invoice once I ship it. It would be even better if the buyer got a notification with the tracking #. It is a lot of work to send out separate emails to people with their tracking when you send out a lot of orders.  I am NOT looking for a store. What I sell doesn't work in that way. I do it with direct invoicing. 

I've been using Paypal forever and decided to try square. I don't want to pay extra to get paying for shipping labels within the order itself (I already get that free on Paypal, why pay for it?) and Paypal also already sends out "item shipped" notifications including the tracking # to customers. I would like to keep giving square a chance, and I can live without the in-house shipping labels, but having to individually send tracking numbers, and then also try to somehow tie them to this specific invoice in the future if there is any problem (!?!) is a hassle I'm not sure is worth switching to square for.

I guess my question is - has this feature been added and I just don't see it?  Is it on the list of features that will be added? Or should I go back to Paypal invoices and give square another chance in a few years when maybe they have their stuff together by then?

Admin

Hey @gottahaveaname. Thanks for checking in! I can confirm that this is still considered a feature request. Sorry to have to be the one to bear the bad news. 😞

I checked in with our Product team and unfortunately don't have any updates to share. But we'll make sure to provide info if we hear of any changes along the way!

Well, I am new to SQUARE and that was the very first question I had when I tried to make my first sale and collect with SQUARE INVOICE... there was NO place to include your shipping charges. Now after reading some of the answers here, I still cannot comprehend why it is up to us the USER to ADD a place to include shipping charges.

I went ahead and call SQUARE and asked the same question and the basically gave me some ideas for me TO ADD  a place. However, I am no tech geek, I am 83 and the LESS I have to do the better for me. So, I asked the very friendly person to PASS MY CONCERN to management sing it was something that would IMPROVE their software and their relations with us their clients.

If each one of you does the same and ASK MANAGEMENT I am sure they will supply us with a place for "Shipping Charges" under "SUB Tota and before "Tax".  Another thing I suggested was jus an open Line where we can ADD a message to the client or the client can answer back.

Hi there, @JARivera 👋 Thanks for joining us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you in the fold.

We appreciate you adding your experience here. I'm glad you were able to get some clarity from our Support Team. Let us know if anything else comes up. We are here to help!

Hello.  I'm checking in to see if there has been any new developments on this issue.  I would like to be able to send my customers an email informing them that their products have shipped.  Other software provide this and it would help the businesses that use Square look more professional.  Thanks for any updates.

This doesn't work if your customers pay the invoice through Square.  Once an invoice is marked Paid you can't edit it/