x
bemodesigns

How do I add shipping costs to an Invoice?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Adding shipping cost

I don't see a way to add shipping costs without adding it as a line item and then having it discounted with the rest of the items. I recently wanted to start using Square for my wholesale customers after reading a recent email from Square that they have improved their invoice system to make it easier for small businesses like mine. Please let the team know that this needs to be an option asap in order for small businesses to bill accurately.  Thank you for your help!!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
ryanwanner Super Seller

Re: adding shipping cost

Best Answer

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ryanwanner Super Seller

Re: adding shipping cost

Best Answer

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I add shipping costs to an Invoice?

Another method that may be easier for you is to simply add the shipping cost as a line item but inflate the cost by the discount amount.  
e.g.)  Shipping = $25, Discount = 10%.   So inflated shipping cost is 25/0.9=27.78.
There may be a rounding error of 1-2 cents as a result.

Message 3 of 3