x
Highlighted

How do I add shipping costs to an Invoice?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Adding shipping cost

I don't see a way to add shipping costs without adding it as a line item and then having it discounted with the rest of the items. I recently wanted to start using Square for my wholesale customers after reading a recent email from Square that they have improved their invoice system to make it easier for small businesses like mine. Please let the team know that this needs to be an option asap in order for small businesses to bill accurately.  Thank you for your help!!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: adding shipping cost

Best Answer

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Lots of good information in this community!
Use the search tool to find your answer.

Still can't find it? Contact support via this link.
Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Seller

Best Answer

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Lots of good information in this community!
Use the search tool to find your answer.

Still can't find it? Contact support via this link.
Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

The e-commerce market is projected to be a $5Trillion dollar industry by 2021, when does Square plan on implementing "shipping" properly on the invoice (not by adding a line item)?  Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

This serious "deficiency" existed years ago when I started my store.

It's a pain and confuses customers.  I ship FRB (flat rate box).  I should be able to put static shipping costs in the invoice based on item!

If a "mom & pop" storefront can get it right, why cant big 'ol deep-pockets Square get it?  

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @cooknkpl,

We definitely hear you out on this. Please know we do escalate all feedback to the appropriate teams, and will be sure to update you if anything changes. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Re: How do I add shipping costs to an Invoice?

Another method that may be easier for you is to simply add the shipping cost as a line item but inflate the cost by the discount amount.  
e.g.)  Shipping = $25, Discount = 10%.   So inflated shipping cost is 25/0.9=27.78.
There may be a rounding error of 1-2 cents as a result.

Message 6 of 6