x

How do I cancel a recurring invoice series?

how do i cancel a recurring invoice

Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @Eveenzo76 - and welcome to the Seller Community!

You are able to end a recurring invoice series from your Square Dashboard, Square Point of Sale app, or Square Invoices app. You can find the instructions for ending the series in your Dashboard or the Point of Sale app in this Support Center article. I'll also include the steps for cancelling a recurring invoices series from your Square Invoices app:

1. Start by opening the app and clicking the Invoices button on the bottom bar.
  2. From here, click into the drop-down menu at the top (it should say All Sent by default).
  3. Once you've opened up your drop-down menu, select Active Series From here, select the invoice series you'd like to end.
  4. Scroll to the bottom, where you'll find an End Series button.
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy to help, @Eveenzo76! Definitely feel free to reach back out if any other questions come up, and you're not able to find the answers here in the Community 😊

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @Eveenzo76 - and welcome to the Seller Community!

You are able to end a recurring invoice series from your Square Dashboard, Square Point of Sale app, or Square Invoices app. You can find the instructions for ending the series in your Dashboard or the Point of Sale app in this Support Center article. I'll also include the steps for cancelling a recurring invoices series from your Square Invoices app:

1. Start by opening the app and clicking the Invoices button on the bottom bar.
  2. From here, click into the drop-down menu at the top (it should say All Sent by default).
  3. Once you've opened up your drop-down menu, select Active Series From here, select the invoice series you'd like to end.
  4. Scroll to the bottom, where you'll find an End Series button.
Valentina
Message 2 of 16

Thank you .

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy to help, @Eveenzo76! Definitely feel free to reach back out if any other questions come up, and you're not able to find the answers here in the Community 😊

Valentina
Message 4 of 16

I ended a recurring invoice but I keep getting emails for the ended invoice saying it is overdue???  How to I stop that??

Message 5 of 16
Alumni

Hi @RDR,

Are you the seller that initially issued the invoice? Or are you the customer in the situation that paid off the invoice, and are still receiving emails to pay off your balance? 

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 16

Sorry I tagged my question on to a related post.   I am a seller.  I issued a recurring invoice that ran several months.  The customer amount changed so I ended the recurring invoice and created a new one.  The one that I ended is still sending out notifications. 

Message 7 of 16
Alumni

Understood! Thank you for clarifying that. This definitely should not be occurring. 

I recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team so that they can esclaate this to our engineers. Feel free to reach them via email here, or by giving them a call at 1 (855) 700-6000 (Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST) - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 16

How do i cancel a recurring invoice

Message 9 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @tmconant5 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding editing or deleted a recurring Invoice series. Take a look at this Best Answer from Valentina on this same thread, she will give you a complete walk-through!

Let us know if you have any additional questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 10 of 16

If a customer (in our case a parishioner) sets up a recurring payment (donation), I am told by the Square customer service rep that there is no way for me (or Square) to cancel that series.  Is this true?  The customer is not able to access a computer or the email she used to set up the payments.  

Message 11 of 16

Hi @CCCC1 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

To cancel a recurring invoices series, select the invoice and click ••• > End series > Confirm. Note: Once confirmed, no future invoices will be sent from this series.

Learn more about managing invoices here.

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 12 of 16

What if I’m the customer and she won’t stop it? It’s been almost a year and it’s every month. Can we stop it?

Message 13 of 16

Hello, @Jayybabyy Welcome to the Seller Community and I am sorry you are here because you've run into trouble with one of our Sellers. You may adjust your Square Profile settings to prevent future communication from this Seller and if you have a Card on File with them you can also remove the card from there.

JJ
Message 14 of 16

I have automatic payments set up for monthly subscriptions and the invoices are not showing in the active series sections on my invoices tab? I have about 30 and its not showing any reoccurring

Message 15 of 16

Hi @tsgypsy 👋

It sounds like you've set up subscriptions, rather than recurring invoices. You can view your active subscriptions here. Please let us know how you go!

Message 16 of 16