x

How do I cancel a refund I accidentally requested?

How do I cancel a refund I accidentally requested?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately in most circumstances, it's not possible to cancel a refund. Once you take the final step in the refund process, which is to tap the final "Issue Refund" button, our system immediately begins processing to send the funds back to the customer's bank. 

At this point, I'd recommend contacting the customer to re-process the payment. If you sent the customer an email receipt, our support team can reach out to the customer on your behalf and request they contact you. If you'd like our support team to do that, please fill out this form.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread]

How to stop a refund that you didn't want to happen? I need to know!

Message 64 of 65
Admin

Hey @fredro91.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Sellers cannot cancel refunds at this time. This is only something we can do on our end, and the refund can only be cancelled by us if you call us within an hour window of accidentally requesting the refund. Please contact us if you'd like us to look into this specific payment/refund.

I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread so you can view other comments/suggestions regarding this issue. Sorry for the frustration, and we hope to hear from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 65 of 65