x

How do I change owners under "Employees"?

Okay, so I have a Square Register account that is run by myself and three others (who have equal ownership in the company). I was toying around under employees and added one but now I cannot remove it. The current "owner" is one of the three other people that helps run the company and to make matters worse there is now a passcode required everytime we log on. I wish to bring my account back to how it was before- log on using our company email and nothing more, because now the account is still the company, but logging out now has the co-owners name on it.

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello! The "Owner" employee is part of each account. The name assigned to this employee will reflect the first and last name of the individual's SSN who was used to activate the Square account.

While we don't have a way to delete an owner account, you can reduce the need to enter your pass code by making a few adjustments to your settings. From the Square Point of Sale app > tap Settings > Team Management > then tap Never under the Require Employee Passcode section. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Thank you - so when an account is "deleted" it is still accessible if you have the access criteria?  But in the case of a company where the persons handling the accounting will change - and sometimes fairly often - there is no way to keep the company history together?

Message 22 of 25
Square Community Moderator

@SAR2 - You are correct in that those who have account credentials can re-access historical reporting at any time. Account history is unfortunately non-transferable from account to account. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 25

Has anything changed in this arena? Our old office manager and I both set up this account, but she has since left. We're a non-profit business and have no "owners". Is there even a way to deactivate her account so she's no longer able to access anything? Why couldn't our account have been set up under our EIN, since we're a non-profit?

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Nicole_VHB,

Good to see you posting in the Seller Community for the first time, welcome!

Currently the process to change Square Account ownership is not an ability. Please reference @Helen's thread above for specific reasoning why.

I have also included this guide that provides more in depth information. 

I hope this helps provide some insight. 😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 25