x

How do I change the Gross Sales to be Net Sales in Reporting?

Not sure why anyone would want to see Gross Sales, because that is not an accurate picture of $ coming in. I can change the view from gross sales to net sales for Item & Category Sales reporting, but Sales trends and Homepage module continue to show gross sales which is pretty irrelevant for Retail in general (we're always either giving discounts, on sale, dealing with returns and/or comparing revenue between certain time periods sale or not). I'd like to see actual real sales revenue and not what could have been.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

I would be interested in having the option to have my sales trends show Net Sales in addition to Gross Sales, but I still want to see those gross sales and discounts.  I want to know what I 'gave away'. Hopefully there is an option for choosing Gross or Net Sales in trends.

Message 2 of 15

Hello @serenditea and @VickyPierman. This is a great question. 

I understand the need to view your net sales. Currently this can be done on the Square Dashboard under the Sales Summary. Sadly this is not avalible for Sales Trend's category. You can also find this option avalible under these reports:

• Item & Category 
  • Payment Methods 
  • Mobile Staff Sales
  • Employee Sales
  • Labor vs Sales 

For some of these you will have to click on the + symbol on the right side of this screen. It will open up a drop down menu with multiple options.  Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

There should be an option to place the net sales and/o total collected at the top of a report, and use it to calculate averages per transaction.

Otherwise it is completely misleading me and my business. About 40% of our transactions include a quantity discount and gross sales just do not represent our business.

Message 4 of 15

I would like this feature as well.  Please let us toggle between net and gross sales.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller

Has this been fixed yet? If so, how do we change it? If not, why not... these are all valid points and I feel that there should be a way to make it a choice  to choose net sales as default?!?

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 6 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Abigails_stl thanks for posting. This is still a feature request at this moment, but you are always able to export your Sales Summary on the Square Dashboard via CSV and filter your reports for the net sales that you are looking for. We do report net sales under Sales Summary, but at this time you cannot filter out the gross sales of the day as that report can still hold valuable information for some sellers that would otherwise be missed if it were filtered out. 

I will share your feedback with our Development Team and let me know if you have other questions. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 15

Absolutely non sense see just gross sales on summary! So 💩 😖😵💫

Message 8 of 15

How I can change gross summary to net summary?

Message 9 of 15
Admin

Sorry about that @K4L1. At this time, these are the available reports. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 10 of 15

Because It’s very problematic to do options gross or net ? Or you have 👎 software developers? I’d is 5 minutes work

Message 11 of 15

Any new updates yet? I really would like to have the option for net sales on the homepage aswell please. Any timeframe for requests like this??

thanks

Message 12 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Bluewater12

I don't have a current update for this request, but I can recommend posting your request in our Ideate Board

This section of the Community has been updated to make the feature request process a little easier. When you post a feature request here, one of the Community Moderators can update the status on the request to keep you in the loop. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Chiming in here too — hard to believe this has been talked about for three years and gross sales are still the default in reporting. Please fix, or let us customize our reports. I can't get any meaningful data from my current reports without having a calculator handy. 

Message 14 of 15

Facts. They are a big enough company that they should have this option by now,

Message 15 of 15