x
Highlighted
serenditea

How do I change the Gross Sales to be Net Sales in Reporting?

Not sure why anyone would want to see Gross Sales, because that is not an accurate picture of $ coming in. I can change the view from gross sales to net sales for Item & Category Sales reporting, but Sales trends and Homepage module continue to show gross sales which is pretty irrelevant for Retail in general (we're always either giving discounts, on sale, dealing with returns and/or comparing revenue between certain time periods sale or not). I'd like to see actual real sales revenue and not what could have been.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VickyPierman

Re: How do I change the Gross Sales to be Net Sales in Reporting?

I would be interested in having the option to have my sales trends show Net Sales in addition to Gross Sales, but I still want to see those gross sales and discounts.  I want to know what I 'gave away'. Hopefully there is an option for choosing Gross or Net Sales in trends.

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hello @serenditea and @VickyPierman. This is a great question. 

I understand the need to view your net sales. Currently this can be done on the Square Dashboard under the Sales Summary. Sadly this is not avalible for Sales Trend's category. You can also find this option avalible under these reports:

• Item & Category 
  • Payment Methods 
  • Mobile Staff Sales
  • Employee Sales
  • Labor vs Sales 

For some of these you will have to click on the + symbol on the right side of this screen. It will open up a drop down menu with multiple options.  Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Message 3 of 4
Tommer

There should be an option to place the net sales and/o total collected at the top of a report, and use it to calculate averages per transaction.

Otherwise it is completely misleading me and my business. About 40% of our transactions include a quantity discount and gross sales just do not represent our business.

Message 4 of 4