x

How do I change the email address tied to my Square account?

Hello. How do I change my email address? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @metalfab10, thanks for getting in touch.

You can change the email address currently associated with your Square account by logging in to your Account & Settings, and then following these steps:

1. Click the "Change" button next to the field where your current email address appears.
  2. Enter your new email address twice on the confirmation pop up. 
  3. Check the inbox of your old email for a notification from Square.
  4. Open the message and locate the code.
  5. Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.

If you're not able to receive the verification email at your original email address, please contact our support team — we'll get it sorted out ASAP. Find more information and step-by-steps in our Support Center article:

Edit Your Account and Business Settings 

That should do it! If you run into any trouble, please feel free to let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I need to change email address

@Hudgal If you don't have access to your old inbox our CS team can help you to update your email address. To get started, send an email our CS team and they will send you the next steps as soon as possible.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 43 of 60

I just close my credit union account and switch to chase but i dont have the email under the account to verify the new bank account to chang eit so what do it do.

Message 44 of 60
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to cahnge a bank account while not having a email to verify it

@Spotteddogstudi Check out Tom's Best Answer in this thread for the steps contact our CS team who can help you update your email address. When you've updated your email address you'll be able to update your bank account! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 45 of 60

My email has been hacked. I cannot use my old email or my old phone number how do I get into my account. 

Message 46 of 60
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Irene3!

You'll need to give us a call to change the email address on your account if you no longer have access to the old email. 

Select > More I Don't See My Issue from the contact page and it'll show you the phone number and your customer code needed to call as long as you're logged in. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 60

HI, the email address you originally signed up with needs to be updated on Square's end.

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 48 of 60

How do I change my email address to activate my card?

Message 49 of 60

Hey @Maggiemoo05

I moved your post to a thread with helpful info on changing your email address. 

Tom posted a Best Answer that gives you some steps on how to do that. 

Kassi
Message 50 of 60

I no longer have the email address I started with a few years back when registering...I have no way of getting into it and would like to know how to change it to the new address I have

Message 51 of 60
Alumni

Ah, CS will need to update it manually on their end. Give them a holler during normal biz hours. 

Justin
Message 52 of 60

need to update the email address in square and verify my domain but the email address is incorrect ASAP. Please help I can’t reach anyone by phone 

Message 53 of 60
Alumni

Hey @Poppinlipsbyjet  - CS will need to manually update your email if you don't have access to the current email associated with your account.

Sign in and reach out here

Justin
Message 54 of 60

Please change our email to [Personal information redacted]

Message 55 of 60
Alumni

Hi there @Kvba - our team can give you a hand with making this change, but you will need to reach out directly by phone for the security of your account. When you have a moment, please get in touch by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 56 of 60

Hello,

I recently changed my email on my Square account. I would like to change it back, but it says I have to contact Square, which I will do if I cannot change it quickly through the panel.

Do people know how long I have to wait until I can change it back?

Also, when I first changed the email, I think I saw my old phone number. I can't seem to find where I can update that – any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best,

Big Head

Message 57 of 60
Alumni

Here's the thread you're looking for. I moved your post so you can see. 

@bighettinelson

Justin
Message 58 of 60

I tried this and there is no change button anywhere on the account and email 

Message 59 of 60

Hey @silver50,

Welcome to the Community.

Please check out this Best Answer from @Goldneye above.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 60 of 60