x

How do I change the mapping of items in QuickBooks?

We have QuickBooks Online and Sync with Square app. These work automatically together to export/import sales transactions done in Square and put them into QB Undeposited Funds. Great. But I want each of those transactions to automatically sort into their correct Product/Service in QB...now they are all lumped together into Square Sales and I have to click on each one and re-do the Square Invoice manually in QB. Items are correctly categorized in Square and I need a way for them to put themselves in the correct QB product instead of listing them as "Square Item". Thankfully on the QB invoice the correct Description is brought over from Square so I can edit/categorize it in QB, but it's a lot of work.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

@Ahiah 

Thanks for the message. I know from personal expereince, it can be a frustrating when you have two different programs that account for transactions and COGS differently. 

As a business owner myself, I had to reach out to a Quickbooks ProAdvisor to accurately set up my business's transactions to report correctly in QB. It was a great experience as it saved me time trying to navigate the complexities of the different programs.

Because this is an integration that Quickbooks controls, I would suggest reaching out to their support about this specific issue, and using a ProAdvisor if it's not something you can do quickly on your own. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 3

How can I change my mapping settings after the import is complete?

Select Edit next to Defaults for Unmatched Items to update the defaults for income account and sales tax code.

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks online company, then select My Apps.
  2. Select Settings under Sync with Square.
  3. Select Edit next to Basic Settings to update Bank account, Expense account, and Payment method.
  4. Select Save changes.

What happens to my transactions after I change mapping settings?

All transactions that were previously imported retain the old mappings. All transactions that are imported after you change the mappings match your new settings.

Message 3 of 3