x

How do I change the "owner" phone number on file?

So, I have already gone to my Dsahboard to Account & Settings, and there is no plce to change phone number. Only Name, Email and password. Please help.

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the confusion, but as Sayra mentioned, the activation number used to create the account cannot be changed. It's  a system limitation. But if you're looking to change the biz phone number that's customer facing on receipts: Account & Settings > Business -> Locations

The mention of changing the activation phone number from the Teams tab was a misstep. @cpbaseball

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

The inability of an Owner to change a NON-PUBLIC mobile number they use for secure account verifications from Square — that's not a system limitation — that's ABSURD!!! Square is generally awesome, so PLEASE RECTIFY THIS SECURITY HOLE!!! (Why isn't 'Change Phone Number' available under Settings > Account — just like Change Email is???) When I went to change my Square Account email, my options were to verify by the old email address, or by my account phone number. But how is one supposed to change or update the account phone number????????? ACCOUNT OWNERS' PHONE NUMBERS AREN'T PERMANENT. Square needs to have a VALID AND CURRENT Owner Phone Number on file! PLEASE DO RECTIFY THIS SECURITY HOLE!!!

Message 22 of 25

Being unable to change the account phone number is a "system limitation"? I'd certainly say so. We don't want to publish our mobile phone number for the world to see ... that number is reserved for internal use. Customers call a landline, and that's why we used the landline number to set up Square in the first place. Its unchangeability on the Square Dashboard apparently means we can  never use Square Appointments.

Message 23 of 25

My Virtual Assistant signed up with her phone number! Now I need to switch it to mine and I can't????

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Ichevy45,

If you no longer have access to the phone number that was originally entered, you can reach out directly to our Support Team and update this information over the phone.

Please ensure the Account Owner is the individual calling in, as our team will need to verify the information before we make any account-level changes.

If you'd like to speak with our Support Team by phone, you can give us a call at 1-855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

Let us know how you go here!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 25