x

How do I collect emails for Square marketing?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square marketing

Does the emails that are collected via credit card transactions feed square marketing ir do I have to collect the emails?

Message 1 of 25
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

those emails do go toward your marketing, but I would collect them separately too with the email collection feature.  those collected via receipt screen you don't have access to, only Square does, but if you collect them with email collection then you have access to the data and can export it if you wish.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5976-get-started-with-email-collection-tools

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @TKRich 👋

Customers who sign up for your mailing list will be reflected in the Collected Emails group of your Customer Directory.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Super Seller

Best Answer

those emails do go toward your marketing, but I would collect them separately too with the email collection feature.  those collected via receipt screen you don't have access to, only Square does, but if you collect them with email collection then you have access to the data and can export it if you wish.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5976-get-started-with-email-collection-tools

Message 2 of 25
Beta Member

I feel like I am going crazy, because this seems so obvious and maybe I am missing something. I created a "newsletter signup" online to attract a specific audience who have the link. I want to be able to send them exclusive discounts and updates based on this specific email sign up...but it doesnt automatically create a customer list in square marketing?! Like, I have to export from square online, and import to a new customer group in marketing? AND I will have to update this manually anytime someone new signs up? This cant be right can it? 

Message 3 of 25
Admin

Hey @mikeysal

Before I jump into this, are you using Square's email collection embed form or a third party's collection form? 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 25
Beta Member

Square online to capture, square marketing to send newsletter.

Message 5 of 25

Hello! Did this get answered? I'm trying to figure out how the newsletter campaigns work as well!

Message 6 of 25

I would like to know the same thing. I want to have different sign-up forms for people interested in different products. Then I want to email those groups individually. Is there a way to create an online sign up that is added to a certain group?

Message 7 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @PeardaleFarm

There is an option to customize the hosted sign up page and the embedded sign up form (to an extent). 

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to create and save different versions of the page. Any sorting would have to be done on the back end, manually. 

Or you can filter the Customer Directory and create a "Smart Group" based on the Items filter. 

The whole feature you're asking about would be a Feature Request for our Product Team. I would be able to tag this internally, so it will get to them. 

Appreciate you taking the time to ask about this and providing feedback. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 25

Hi,

I can't find where the emails go once someone completes the pop up to stay in touch. Where are the newsletter email subscribers going so I can generate a list. Thanks.

Message 9 of 25
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @TKRich 👋

Customers who sign up for your mailing list will be reflected in the Collected Emails group of your Customer Directory.

Valentina
Message 10 of 25

Thank you. I sent a few test emails and didn't see them. it must take a day to populate and add to the list. Thank you so much.

Message 11 of 25
Beta Member

Mine didn't. There is nothing there and I know of people who have signed up.

Mines not working at all

Message 12 of 25

I am not seeing this option when I click on my Square account. I am getting access to a variety of emails that are not connected to my email subscriber link on my website. I'm wondering if there is a seamless way to access the email subscribers on my website to send out a newsletter in square marketing.

Message 13 of 25

Hi @Harmony2c,

Thanks for stopping in! Great question.

I am taking a further look into this for you. I will follow up once I have some confirmation. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Message 14 of 25

Hi @Harmony2c,

Thank you so much for your patience!

Please go ahead and try these steps:

Go to Square Online>Marketing>Click Go to Square Marketing> Select one draft campaign> Select All customers.

Or you can create a Custom Set by going to Customers>Filters>and setting up the parameters. 

That will provide a list of those customers within the list. You can save that group and then use that group to send her newsletter.

If that doesn't do the trick please let me know. 

Message 15 of 25

Hello,

How do I find the option to customize the hosted sign up page and the embedded sign up form??? I really really want to customize that sign up page as it has many problems for me.

Message 16 of 25

I am new to square marketing.  I have developed a website through my dashboard and put in an email request form on my web page.  I put in a practice email into the form on the web page but How do I find any new emails generated by this?   Where do I view these new email address, How do I get a name attached to these new emails?  Is there a tutorial/ letter associated to this?   

Message 17 of 25

Hi @gouvgolf,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 18 of 25

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to receive notifications or see the names of customers that sign up to receive my newsletters .

Message 19 of 25
Alumni

Hi there @LovvelysGlamCo 👋

Valentina
Message 20 of 25
Beta Member

Where do we access those email from the online store?

SamuelDesgagne1_1-1643987128993.png

Message 21 of 25