x

How do I connect a payment made for an appt on POS to close the appt in Appointmemts app?

My appts app wouldn't connect to pos yesterday with wireless reader Everytime I turned on pos it connected with wireless reader but when I opened appt app it said establishing connection. It would never connect. When I go back to look at pos it says connection failed. So I just ended up taking her pymt on her name through pos. Now her appt ticket is still open and there is a transaction completed on her history. In my deposit reports says its ACTIVE. I can't get the two to connect to each other. But she did pay and it does show that, just won't connect it with her appointment. & I'm afraid to reboot & loose the transaction all together. This is including ANDROID APPOINTMENTS, SQUARE POS, and CONTACTLESS/WIRELESS READER. HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Mishel76, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you encountered. 

It's weird that the reader wasn't connecting when switching between the two apps. Have you tried disconnecting the reader and re-pairing it in each app? 

When it comes to the payment, there isn't a way to connect the transaction on your Point of Sale app to the Appointments app. 

Since your client's already paid there's not much you can do. If you want to remove the Appointment from your calendar you can cancel it. Or check it out and use "Other Tender" as the payment method. Although, this will inflate your reporting. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anyone? @membersSQ 

Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

Hello @Mishel76, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you encountered. 

It's weird that the reader wasn't connecting when switching between the two apps. Have you tried disconnecting the reader and re-pairing it in each app? 

When it comes to the payment, there isn't a way to connect the transaction on your Point of Sale app to the Appointments app. 

Since your client's already paid there's not much you can do. If you want to remove the Appointment from your calendar you can cancel it. Or check it out and use "Other Tender" as the payment method. Although, this will inflate your reporting. 

Message 3 of 4

Thank you @Chad ! I'll just cancel it. I'm thinking I may have had too much junk on my phone. Did some clean up & gave the reader a full charge & seems to be working again. Thanks for your

Message 4 of 4