x

How do I create a 30 minute gap between appointments to prepare for the next appointment?

I am looking for an appointment setting in Square to create a 30 minute gap between appointments. For example, if someone books an appointment at 1 PM for a 60 minute session, I don't want there to be an option for someone to book at 2 PM. The next option would be a 2:30 PM appointment. I would use the 30 minutes to clean up/prepare before the next client arrives.

Is it possible to do something like that in Square?

Any help is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @KSCrutch! Welcome to the Seller Community. 

When a staff member is creating a service, they can choose to add "Extra Time" that blocks their calendar after the service is done for up to an hour.

This option is available in the dashboard and the app when creating the services so that's where you'll want to go to add in that extra time!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Is there an option for customers who book online as well? I don't want them to be too close together.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

When you create that option in your set up, the customer does not see the option, it just gets automatically added to the booking time. For example, if you create a service that is 2 hours long with a 30 minute cleanup time, the customer will only be shown time slots that are 2.5 hours when they are choosing their time. 

Message 4 of 4