x

How do I create a discount or a coupon for Square Online?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: My discounts are not appearing in the online store]

I noticed the the discounts I set up were not showing up when customers went through my online store but I was able to see them through the app. I saw a thread that a customer had a similar question and the answer was to make sure the online store option was turned on.  The problem for me is that I don't even have that option at all.

The sections I  have is

Discount Information

Auto Apply

Options - password required

How to I get the online store options to appear in my discounts

Thank you

Message 1 of 50
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Healinghands47!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The discount setup depends on what version of Square Online you are using.

From what you've mentioned, it sounds like you're using our new version, Square Online. If you are, please try following these instructions to create a coupon for your Square Online site.

Where you set up a coupon within your store should look like this:

ink (25).png

Please let me know if this does not answer your question! Thanks again. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Healinghands47!

The discount setup depends on what version of Square Online you are using.

From what you've mentioned, it sounds like you're using our new version, Square Online. If you are, please try following these instructions to create a coupon for your Square Online site.

Where you set up a coupon within your store should look like this:

ink (25).png

Please let me know if this does not answer your question! Thanks again. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 50

Is there a easy way to add a promo code to the online store

Message 3 of 50
Admin

Hey @Rone-

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread for instructions on creating a discount/coupon for your Square Online Store. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 50

Id like to give my team discount codes that they can share when promoting the business. But, they each need their own code so that i have a way  to track hits. How can i create multiple codes to be used on my website? Thank you.

Message 5 of 50
Admin

Hey @mysticbutterfly

I would create a coupon for each employee to be used on your website. You'll be able to track sales per discount/coupon. Just make sure they are individual discounts/coupons and not easy to guess so no employee uses another employees discount. 

Take a look at my best answer in this thread so you can see how to create a discount/coupon for your website. They should be able to exist until you delete them. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 50

I'd like to set up "THANKU20" code that online shopper can use at checkout for a 20% off total sale.  How/where do I do that?  Not finding it...

Message 7 of 50
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ArtShed 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding discount codes for the Online Store. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle - she will give you all the info you need.

Feel free to reach out if you have any clarifying questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 50

for some reason when I go to the coupons area it takes forever to load and it only shows the ones that i have already made. I cannot add or delete any. It used to do this sometimes but after a while it would work and allow me to add new coupons. This bug needs to be resolved as well as not being able to sign in from mobile if you have two sites. (separate bug issue)

is anyone else encountering this issue in not being able to edit coupons?

Message 9 of 50

Why are the options for coupons online not nearly as robust as the options for discounts on the POS? I would like to do a 2 for $40 and have it apply if they have X number of whatever in their cart. On the "Discounts" page it asks me how I want it set up, such as exact quantity, etc. However, on the coupon codes I can't apply the same level of precision, which forces me to create multiple coupon codes. It just feels clunky. Is there a way around this?

Message 10 of 50
Square Community Moderator

Hey @HiFiDev,

I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

I understand your frustration not having the same discount options on Square Online, and your point of sale. This is something we're tracking at the moment, and there isn't a workaround that would sync the same discounts to Square Online.

Thanks for adding your voice to this feature request, and letting us know that this is something you're hoping we improve on. 

Message 11 of 50

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Online store - discounts not applied

Hi,

I wish to use some discounts on specific products on my online store. I followed the video provided on how to and I think I set them up correctly. I was able to manually apply a discount on a invoice I created manually. But they do not seem to work on the site, at least I cannot see them applied when products are added to cart.

I created the discounts on Items->Discount menu. Is there something else to do, enable them somewhere to work on the site?

Thanks!

Message 12 of 50
Alumni

Hi there @Katalyna, hopefully I can provide some clarity here! The discounts that you've created within your Square Dashboard will apply to items that you sell using Square Point of Sale - including invoices and Virtual Terminal payments. These discounts will not apply to items listed in your online store, as those items can be discounted using Coupon Codes instead.

I've moved your post over to this thread where @isabelle has provided the link to the instructions that you'll want to follow to create Coupon Codes for your customers to use on your online store. Let us know if any questions come up!

Valentina
Message 13 of 50

It is absurd that discounts that work in the POS do not apply to the online store. The two systems are supposed to be linked! Please provide a fix to this.

Message 14 of 50

Supposedly under the Items list there should be a category that says Coupons. Theres not on my dashboard. So how do I create a coupon?

Message 15 of 50
Alumni

Ahh, sounds like you're looking in Square's Dashboard. Switch to the Square Online Overview Page> Items > Coupons.

Screenshots on this thread I moved you to. @nowshiva

Justin
Message 16 of 50

Thanks

Message 17 of 50

Can I create a discount code that online customers can type into an online order to allow select people receive an online discount?

Message 18 of 50
Admin

Hey @CakesYourWay!

Yes. You can create a coupon for your Online Store, provide it to certain customers, and then they can apply it at checkout.

Take a look at my best answer in this thread, along with this article for further instruction. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 19 of 50

hi

I have created coupon code but it is not working,

said coupon not yet available.

I have done before so I know how to do.

can you help to solve this issue?

Message 20 of 50

I am 95% of the way to taking my business to another platform.

I have been complaining, since I first joined up, of the fact that there is some kind of error in my online store, so I cant add products. I did submit a complaint, and someone was supposed to do something about it. 2 weeks later. Nothing. No response. Nothing fixed. I try to go through the stupid robot, and then it tells me to sign in, which I have already done, and then theres and error and it takes me back to the robot.

Unless I can find a way through this, giving up. Big companies, no customer support. **bleep**ty. 

Message 21 of 50