x

How do I create a gift receipt?

I have customers purchasing Gifts and would like a gift receipt with out a price.   How do I accomplish this with Square?

Message 1 of 51
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I'm happy to share an update just in time for the holiday season. With the latest version of the Square app for iOS devices connected to a third party printer we launched the ability to print gift receipts.

Here is how to printa gift receipt: 

1. After the sale is complete, navigate to the Transactions tab by opening the sidebar. 

2. Select the transaction, and then tap Gift Receipt. (Keep in mind you won't see the gift receipt option unless you have a printer connected!) 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 2.24.54 PM.png

Hope this helps everyone out! Also, please let me know what you think! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Beta Member

Actually, I take that back. We can now print a gift receipt from the activity screen, post sale. But I cannot figure out how to print it while completing the transaction. Seems like an extra unneeded step to go into activity and print the gift receipt.

Message 22 of 51
Square

@Dimplesshop - Agreed. I definitely think there's room for improvement with this feature. I'll pass along the feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 23 of 51
Beta Member

Does this work for Android devices? I seem to be up to date with the app, but it is not showing the gift receipt option.

Message 24 of 51
Square

@kuriosities - This is currently an iOS-only feature. 😕

Sean
he/him/his
Message 25 of 51

I just checked our Activity menu, and the "Gift Receipt" option isn't there. Was this feature removed?

Message 26 of 51

Hey @thegrounds, this feature is still avalible! @Seans answer on the first page of this thread gives detailed instructions on how to get there! 

Also you will want to make sure you're running the most up to date version of the App! 😃

Message 27 of 51

I am, thank you! But I realized in reading more of the threads that it's only for printing a gift receipt. We're interested in sending a digital gift receipt. Will that ever be an option? 

Message 28 of 51

@thegrounds, this is true. Gift receipts can only be physically printed out. A digital version of gift receipt is interesting concept. It currently is not on our roadmap, but I will make sure to pass along the feedback! 😀

Message 29 of 51

This didn't work for us.  It only printed a stub that read "Receipt Kkwq" and then the GST/HST code number.

Message 30 of 51
Alumni

Hi @PC_Toronto - Interesting. This is happening even after hitting the Gift Receipt button?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 31 of 51
Beta Member

Yes its still happening in Australia with no fix. 

Message 32 of 51
Beta Member

This is what's happening with mine too, is there a fix for this yet?

Message 33 of 51
Square Community Moderator

At this time Digital gift receipts are a feature request @Ieane.

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility on your request. 

When submitting a request, please make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 34 of 51
Beta Member

I'm not asking for digital gift receipts. when trying to print a gift receipt on our Square register through transactions. using the gift receipt button It only printed a stub that read "Receipt Kkwq" and then the GST/HST code number.

Message 35 of 51
Super Seller Alumni

This words great for regular purchases, but I noticed that there's no real good way I could find to print a receipt for a gift card. Customers like to include a receipt in with the gift card to show value and proof of filling, but if I print a regular receipt it shows the purchaser's credit card information, but if I print a gift receipt it doesn't show the value for a custom gift card.

Other systems seem to have this as a feature, and I'd love to see it come to Square too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 36 of 51

Is there a way to print a gift receipt, or packing slip without amounts, from web-based dashboard for online store sales?

Really need this. If available it would be my primary print option.

Message 37 of 51

I am sure I saw the option few months ago. Now holiday season is here, I can't find the option to print gift receipt. I double check the system, is in the lastest version IOS and square app. Did the gift receipt option removed?

Message 38 of 51
Alumni

@sq2017sq - you will only see the Gift Receipt option if you have a printer connected to your device. Could that be the issue? 

Message 39 of 51

Hi Sean,  we sell a LOT of gifts and it's a pain for us to have to tap "menu", then "transactions", then the transaction, then

"new receipt", then "gift receipt", then navigate back out again!  So, my plea is for Square to make gift receipts an option on the same page as printing a standard receipt.  Pretty please! :-))

Message 40 of 51

Hi,

I can't find the "Gift Receipt" option. Though I am already connected to a printer.

Please help. Thanks!

Teambubbletea_0-1625965374081.png

nema diaz
Message 41 of 51

Hi, if you read the “best answer” on this thread (at the top, from Sean) it tells you how to do it.

Message 42 of 51