x

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

@lonestar31 @MCTMN 

We are currently testing Batch Processing in our Beta Community, which may help you out. This is another update to allowing pre-orders on your online store.  We'd love for you to join in the test and provide feedback.

To get started:

Please join our Square Online testing group.
Once accepted there are instructions in the group of how to get started in the test.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request: Pre-Order Handling

Hi all! Thank you for jumping into. your thread for pre-orders and more customizable delivery/pick up options. We're excited that this feature is now moving into Beta testing, and we'd love to have you check it out.

Please take a few minutes to ready our Beta Recruiting post- and make sure you're a fit. We're looking to get his launched in the next few days. Also if you've replied to this thread, we will be sending you information on this test via DM as well.

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

333 Comments

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store: How to Create PreOrders?]

Several times throughout the year, we'll have new products that will be released in a few weeks... how do I take pre-orders for those specific products that have not yet been released - without affecting the rest of the catalog where orders are filled within two hours?

Alumni

Hi @brick,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

I'm happy to look into this for you. To begin, what online store builder did you use to make your site? Wix, Weebly, WooCommerce?'

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Thanks Alex.  I used Weebly. I’d like to be able to post an individual item for sale and a put pre-order date of fulfillment a few weeks out in the future.  And then charge the card when I fulfill it.   

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How does one set a specific date for pick-up orders?

I'm trying to set a singular date for online order pick-up. How do I do this? I'm having a preorder sale and will only be offering one date for pick-up. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Square Community Moderator

Hey @brick,

Stepping in for @Alex_ here.

I checked in with the Weebly folks and they said as of right now this would be a feature request.

So I've passed it along to their team for future improvements!

Alumni

@floresbakehaus

There isn't an option to set a specific day for pickup orders. You'll need to add the pickup date in the pickup instructions so your customer sees it when placing their order. (from Online Store Dashboard > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Pickup settings). 

We're continuously tracking this feature request. I'll be sure to add your post as an additional tally mark on the back-end

@sciabica1936 

Is there a way to set pick up time to just one day?

Like -- I have a package that I'm putting together that people can pre-order. But they can only pick up that package on SUNDAY. Meanwhile, I have many other items that I am selling that can be picked up as usual (15 minutes from ordering). 

Can I specify on the order that THIS Package is limited and only available for pickup on Sunday?

We are catering company and we just opened an online marketplace so we can deliver our food during these covid days (weeks, months...).  We aren't delivering hot food though, just upscale picnic items, salads, proteins, pickles, etc that we make on a Thursday (for example) and deliver on a (Saturday).

I would love a way to be able to assign a day and time span to people's orders.

Any feedback?

Admin

Hey there @ChefAngela77-

Do you mean that you want to assign a day and time span for people to pick up their orders? If so, that's a feature request that the team is working on. Hopefully we'll have some good news about it launching soon!

I am in a similar situation to @ChefAngela77. I need to give customers the option at checkout from the Online Store to select both the date and time slot (ideally one hour slots, every hour on the hour, with the ability for my business to “block off” certain days and times for other activities) for their delivery to be made. I am starting a grocery delivery business and am scheduling up to 7 days out. Having this feature would be a game changer for what I am trying to do. 

I have looked at Square Appointments but it is lacking several necessary features. The scheduling options and format is exactly what I need though.