x
Highlighted

How do I create pre-orders with my Square Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store: How to Create PreOrders?]

Several times throughout the year, we'll have new products that will be released in a few weeks... how do I take pre-orders for those specific products that have not yet been released - without affecting the rest of the catalog where orders are filled within two hours?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How do I create pre-orders with my Square Online Store?

Hi @brick,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

I'm happy to look into this for you. To begin, what online store builder did you use to make your site? Wix, Weebly, WooCommerce?'

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted

Thanks Alex.  I used Weebly. I’d like to be able to post an individual item for sale and a put pre-order date of fulfillment a few weeks out in the future.  And then charge the card when I fulfill it.   

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @brick,

Stepping in for @Alex_ here.

I checked in with the Weebly folks and they said as of right now this would be a feature request.

So I've passed it along to their team for future improvements!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted

Is there going to be an option for pre-ordering soon?

I think it would be much easier for retail stores to have a pre-order option or something. 

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is there going to be an option for pre-ordering soon?

@SoEcentric This is a feature request as of right now. I moved your post to this thread so we can keep the Community organized and update you and others if we hear of any changes!

Nika_S
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted

Re: Is there going to be an option for pre-ordering soon?

@Nika_S  PLEEEEASE... try to move this up in the queue.  It's so important right now.  I realize every request takes planning, development, Q/A, release management, etc. - but this should not be a huge iteration... please try to raise some awareness around this. I know many users have similar needs that never make it to the forums, so please don't use this arena as the only sense of need or urgency.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted

Pre-Order Items

is there a way to set up a Pre-Order setting for items? to be able to still track stock, but to be able to enter the specific date on when the item will be available and then send reminders to the customers when it has arrived? we have items weekly that fit this for me, but it confuses my customers when they see it listed but it doesn't come out for awhile. thanks

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Pre-Order Items

@ccornermi We're tracking this feature request here. Thanks for chiming in on the topic.

Nika_S
Message 9 of 9