x

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

@lonestar31 @MCTMN 

We are currently testing Batch Processing in our Beta Community, which may help you out. This is another update to allowing pre-orders on your online store.  We'd love for you to join in the test and provide feedback.

To get started:

Please join our Square Online testing group.
Once accepted there are instructions in the group of how to get started in the test.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request: Pre-Order Handling

Hi all! Thank you for jumping into. your thread for pre-orders and more customizable delivery/pick up options. We're excited that this feature is now moving into Beta testing, and we'd love to have you check it out.

Please take a few minutes to ready our Beta Recruiting post- and make sure you're a fit. We're looking to get his launched in the next few days. Also if you've replied to this thread, we will be sending you information on this test via DM as well.

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

333 Comments

I think it would be much easier for retail stores to have a pre-order option or something. 

is there a way to set up a Pre-Order setting for items? to be able to still track stock, but to be able to enter the specific date on when the item will be available and then send reminders to the customers when it has arrived? we have items weekly that fit this for me, but it confuses my customers when they see it listed but it doesn't come out for awhile. thanks

Hey @Joe - any update on the delivery date/time feature? This is a deal-breaker for MANY restaurants including ours. 75% of our orders are placed in advanced. Only a few customers order for immediate delivery. We have hundreds and hundreds of customers who want to place their order for dinner in the morning. And many who want to place orders for the weekend, days in advance. 

Square has solved so many problems but not allowing customers to select at least a time window for delivery is a major bummer and absolute deal killer. If we can't get this fixed soon we'll be forced to go to Toast which handles this very well. Sadly it will cost us thousands to use them instead of Square but without delivery time option at checkout, there's no other way. 

Admin

@SoEcentric This is a feature request as of right now. I moved your post to this thread so we can keep the Community organized and update you and others if we hear of any changes!

@nika  PLEEEEASE... try to move this up in the queue.  It's so important right now.  I realize every request takes planning, development, Q/A, release management, etc. - but this should not be a huge iteration... please try to raise some awareness around this. I know many users have similar needs that never make it to the forums, so please don't use this arena as the only sense of need or urgency.  Thank you!

Admin

@ccornermi We're tracking this feature request here. Thanks for chiming in on the topic.

I would like to request scheduled deliveries. I'm a party rental company and people plan events for  a specific date. Let me know if this can be added.

Thanks,

Admin

Welcome @jimmyvzqz! This is a feature request as you'll see here. We'll make sure everyone in this thread is made aware of any changes if we hear of anything moving forward. Let us know if any other questions come up.

Hello,

I am still waiting for the capability for customers to choose a future delivery date. I have not seen anything new since we started getting charged for deliveries. We are afraid to allow customers to order online because we feel it is too confusing to use a work around with notes all over our online store. This is very frustrating since this would have been a deal breaker if we had realized this from the beginning. We have spent too much time setting up our site, so it's too late to switch to a different software program. PLEASE PLEASE get this feature going asap. Thank you.

Alumni

I've moved your post over to a thread where others have expressed an interest in offering their customers the ability to schedule delivery orders, @arodewald6306.

This is a feature request at this time, and I can confirm that our eCommerce team is working on making this a reality for you. We will be sure to drop in with an update as soon as we have one to share, so stay subscribed to this thread to be notified.