x

One time discount for new customers

I want to offer a new customer discount that folks can only use one time.  When creating the discount, there is an option to set the number of uses.  Does anyone know if that count limits the use to just the customer or online store-wide?  

I want customer A to be able to use the discount 1 time.

I want customer B to be able to use the discount 1 time.

and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi Jennifer. 

If you're referring to promotional codes, the count limit applies store-wide. Setting the promotional code to one-time use will only allow it to be used by one customer. 

It sounds like you might benefit from using our Email Marketing features. 

With Email Marketing, you're able to create targeted Marketing Campaigns including automated emails to your new customers. 

Your new customers will get an email within 24 hours of their first visit, and you can include a one-time use coupon that they can redeem when they come in. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi Jennifer. 

If you're referring to promotional codes, the count limit applies store-wide. Setting the promotional code to one-time use will only allow it to be used by one customer. 

It sounds like you might benefit from using our Email Marketing features. 

With Email Marketing, you're able to create targeted Marketing Campaigns including automated emails to your new customers. 

Your new customers will get an email within 24 hours of their first visit, and you can include a one-time use coupon that they can redeem when they come in. 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

How do you set a promotional code to a one time use? I only see the option for an expiration date. I want to give a specific customer a one time $50 discount on the purchase of an egift card.

Thanks!

Karen

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@benclore - At this time, the ability to create one time discount codes for egift cards is not available. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I have past customers, but my service does not have repeat sales. Its a bucket list activity. Most folks are "one and done". I need past customers to share a discount code with their friends and family. Once. Like a gift.

I want to give each of my customers, captured by square transactions, a unique promo code which they can share. Once, Like a gift.

Thanks,

rm

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @coastalballoon - I've merged your thread with a post on something similar. EJ's suggestion above for automated emails to your new customers may work for what you're looking to do. Since you said many of your customers are only one-time visitors, you can just write a message within the Marketing campaign to clarify that the discount code they received is meant to be passed on to a friend.

Hope that helps! If not, just let us know and we can continue looking for other alternatives.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 6