x

How do I customize delivery time?

Hello all

I am in the process of changing my lane to do no-contact delivery and I am having an issue with setting my prep and delivery time.

What I would like to do is set up delivery so that all orders placed after 8am will be delivered the next day.  Ideally, customers placing orders between 12am-8am would be received on that day, while orders placed after that time would be delivered the next day. 

Additionally, the prep time menu jumps from 5 hours to "next business day," neither of which are particularly helpful because I will be making deliveries on Saturday as well, and with "next  business day" customers receive a notification saying that they will receive their order the following Monday.

I will be fulfilling the deliveries on my own and not using a courier service.

Any advice from other sellers who are currently doing delivery service, especially those fulfilling their own orders would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @CornerMobile this is a great question and is something that a lot of our sellers have been struggling with. We are tracking all the feedback regarding custom prep times, but for now, I've seen a lot of sellers manually adjusting the prep times at intervals of each day to make sure the customers get the right pickup time.

@pessosices I'm looping you in from the discussions we've had previously regarding pickup time issues. 

I'm also going to loop in some active members in our Seller Community that use our Online Store to see if they have any tips and tricks as well:

@Donnie-M @GlassJudy @ryanwanner @HeyItsMuff

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi, Did this get resolved or is there a workaround?

We have a similar issue where we want to simplify the delivery window in the confirmation email sent to customers.  So if they order before 2pm they get same day delivery between 2pm and 5pm.  If they order after 2pm they get next day delivery (between 2pm and 5pm).  Basically we  just do deliveries each afternoon 2-5pm and that's all we need to convey.  Square makes it very complicated-sounding, eg "your delivery will be between 3:47pm and 5:33pm" depending what prep window we set (which is also misleading and, for us, irrelevant).

Did anyone find a solution?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

I'm still struggling with this.  There has never been a fix to this.

Wish I had better news for you friend, let me know if you learn anything.

Message 4 of 4