x

How do I deactivate my account ?

Hello. I was wondering how to deactivate my account?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @arda! While it's sad for us to hear you'd go, you can deactivate your Square account directly from Square Dashboard

Please keep in mind that once you've closed your account, you won't have access to your payment history. For your records, you may want to download your payment history before deactivating your account (or having us do it).

While this goes without saying, Square accounts are free, and you're welcome to create a new one at any time. 😀

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @arda! While it's sad for us to hear you'd go, you can deactivate your Square account directly from Square Dashboard

Please keep in mind that once you've closed your account, you won't have access to your payment history. For your records, you may want to download your payment history before deactivating your account (or having us do it).

While this goes without saying, Square accounts are free, and you're welcome to create a new one at any time. 😀

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 28

cancel my member

Message 3 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @oleantus - thanks for reaching out. Were the steps listed in Tom's response above able to assist you in deactivating your account?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 28

I can't deactivate, it says that I have been declined. For what I do not know, I never finished setting up the account because it is in the wrong country. I live in Australia and I need to set up a new account in the correct country.

Message 5 of 28

My little brother made this account thinking he was going to design his own custom shirt. He seen this ad on Instagram and from there he began with my information. But once I found out I kept trying to deactivate the account because I do not want to be apart of this or want anything to do with this. But everytime I tried to deactivate it, it made me set up my bank account and credit , and other **bleep**. Trying to say I was not accepted or accept credit cards but I have no idea what the **bleep** that means. I’m just trying to delete this dumbass account , someone please help me on what I should do to delete this. I will plan on pressing charges or filing a complaint, this website dumb as **bleep**.

Message 6 of 28

Hi community,

I just got my account up yesterday and I need to deactivate my account. I already attempted to but it won't allow me too. Ive been trying to speak with somone but I'm unable to speak to an actual person. It is frustrating and I'm thinking of contacting my bank account to cancel the transaction if Square won't deactivate my account. Please if anyone would be kind to assist me. I greatly appreciate it.

Message 7 of 28
Alumni

Hi there @marthamendez - are you following these directions?

If so, and you're running into trouble, it may be because you never actually fully activated the account.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 8 of 28

I just want to deactivate the website not the online checking...how should I do this?

Message 9 of 28

Thanks for reaching out, @pinkalley 👋

Navigate to the Square Online dashboard, then click Website > Site Preferences. If you scroll down on the page you will see an option to unpublish the website. 

Next, click the dropdown in the top right corner of the screen, and select Account Settings > My Services. Make sure to turn off any service that is set to auto renew. 

If you need help canceling the services, please feel free to reach out to our support team here

p.s. Welcome to the Community 🎉

Message 10 of 28

I set up the site for our beekeeping club years ago and turned over to another club member when I couldn't attend meetings due to health reasons.  The club has voted to discontinue the website and asked me to take care of doing that because the person that took i over is not available.  She changed the log info.  So how do I get it closed out?

Message 11 of 28

Hi there, @PBA1,

I can definitely help you out with this! Do you mind sending me a private message so I can gather more information? I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Ellie
Message 12 of 28

I tried this and it says something went wrong. Unfortunately Square isn’t compatible with my other seller tech (stuff that I don’t have the power to change) and Square creates more steps instead of less.

Message 13 of 28

Hey @CDIMMEY,

Welcome to the Community.

I want to make sure I provide you with the most accurate information. Are you having trouble deactivating your account?

I look forward to your response.

Message 14 of 28

How do I deactivate my account temporarily

Message 15 of 28
Super Seller

@S1940, you don't have to deactivate your account if you want to come back to using it next season or later.  Your account will be there for you, if you deactivate an account it is deleting it.

Message 16 of 28

I started setting up a business but never used it. My new employer uses square payroll so now i  have a square payroll account. Can i deactivate my unused business and just have my payroll account?

Message 17 of 28

Hey @typons thanks for asking! You can deactivate your old account. I have merged your post with an existing thread that will give you the steps to do so. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 18 of 28

I have been unable to deactivate since I signed up. I have a US bank account which I linked, but discovered after sign-up that my country of residence is not supported.

I keep trying to deactivate but it keeps saying unable to deactivate because of failed card whatever...I just want to leave, why won't it let me close the account?

Message 19 of 28

I emailed customer support several days ago and still no response.

Message 20 of 28

I set up this account today and tried to deactivate and it wont let me! Its saying i was declined for some credit card application. I didnt sign up for anyhting. I want to deactivate! 

Message 21 of 28