x

How do I delete a card on file?

I need to delete a card on file, but I  can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

search for your customer here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/directory

when you click on the customer you will see their card on file card and you can click the X to delete it.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 6.14.41 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Best Answer

search for your customer here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/directory

when you click on the customer you will see their card on file card and you can click the X to delete it.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 6.14.41 PM.png

Message 2 of 10

How do I edit a customer's credit card if it's already on file. It has the wrong expiration date. I enter his card manually for a charge.

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @dlijcpostema 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also inquiring about editing Card on File information. Take a look at this Best Answer for more information.

Let us know if anything else comes up! We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

How do you edit card on file info?

Message 5 of 10

Hi there, @JohnE 👋 Thanks for reaching out here!

This Best Answer from VanKalker Farm's will walk you through deleting and editing a Card on File. I've gone ahead and merged you post with this existing thread.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

This is helpful on deleting a card but the link does not point to anything about editing information on an existing card.  It's just a loop of links.  Any pointers on editing an existing card?  thank you.

Message 7 of 10

Hi there, @MichaelG 👋 I can step in on this one. Sorry for the confusion, here. Just to clarify here, are you looking to edit current card information while keeping the actual previous numbers in the card field while you edit? If so, this action is not currently available.

To edit an existing card on file, you would need to remove the card altogether and re-type the new number into the field.

I hope this helps!

Joe
Message 8 of 10

My client moved within the same city and told me to change her card on file zip code. Would a potential solution be to just take a charge instead? How then do I apply this charge to the invoice? I didn’t realize this was an issue until the card is not blocked from charges and now had to put my client through an annoying telephone support process with her bank because of this lack of feature. 

Message 9 of 10

Hi there, @sauceydigital - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We appreciate the feedback here concerning the editing process of an existing Card on File.

The same process would apply here - to edit a zip code for the card on file, you would need to remove the existing card altogether and re-add with the correct zip code. We realize this process can be cumbersome, as you mentioned above - and adds another extensive customer interaction. I am happy to continue to pass along this feedback to our Product Teams.

Joe
Message 10 of 10