x

How do I delete a custom item that was created when entering an invoice?

How do I delete a custom item that was created when entering an invoice?

Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I emailed Square Customer support and regarding 'custom items' he said: 

currently those items cannot be deleted as it is a temporary stored system that will change as different items are used

but he promised to send feedback to the Square product team so hopefully there will be a way to delete these items in the near future!!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Admin

@apluswelding1 Unfortunately not. Sorry for the hassle around this issue. We'll keep sharing feedback with our Product Team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 22 of 34

I am having a similar issue has this been fixed yet?

Message 23 of 34

Just came across this same issue. It looks as though it’s been 2 years. Any update?

Message 24 of 34

+1 for being able to remove "recent custom items" from the dropdown menu.

They are very confusing and easy to click on by accident.

Message 25 of 34
Beta Member

We really need to be able to manage and delete custom items, please.

Message 26 of 34
Admin

Hey @Lizasaur!

Welcome to the Seller Community.

Do you see the item here? Can you deactivate/delete the item? 

Message 27 of 34
Beta Member

No, I'm talking about the custom items that everyone else is that don't show up in the library.

Message 28 of 34
Admin

Got it - sorry about that @Lizasaur.

While we still do not have a feature available that will allow you to easily remove those custom items... it's not entirely impossible.

Please try clearing your browsing data and cache. If you don't know how to do that, feel free to write back with what browser you're using. 

@zs, you can try the same if you'd like! 

Message 29 of 34

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking to do. I accidentally saved a regular item as a variable, not sure how that happened, and I wanted it gone. It should be easier to find though, I would've never figured it out on my own.

Message 30 of 34

Exit Square completely. Close your browser. Delete your cookies. (I deleted absolutely everything from all time. Didn't want to search out the problem.)

That did it for me to delete the accidental custom invoice I had created. Now my list in my 'create invoice' is just my library item choices.

Message 31 of 34

You can delete them. Go to Dashboard and in the left column "items and orders". Items list them, and you can delete any of them.

Message 32 of 34

Thank you - I appreciate your trying to help, but your advice only applies to regular items - not custom items created by accident. 

Message 33 of 34

I realize this is an old thread, but I have a solution..

The custom items seem to be stored in the user's local browser cookies.

If you want to get rid of the custom items, simply clear your cookies or delete your squareup.com cookie.

Message 34 of 34