x

How do I delete an inactive vendor?

How do I delete an inactive vendor?

How can I delete an inactive vendor? I thought this seemed like a pretty straightforward thing to do but I can't seem to find any place in my dashboard that will let me do that.

I had a "fake" vendor in my database when I was initially setting up and testing. Don't need the fake vendor anymore but once I make the vendor inactive there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it.  Now every time i look at my default "item library" the include box for my inactive vendor is checked by default.  

Am i missing something simple here?

dewey

17 Comments
Admin

Hi @dewey320!

You can remove a vendor at any time, by clicking Deactivate Vendor at the bottom of their profile. Deactivating a vendor will remove them from your recipient list when creating a purchase order. Does that work? Let me know 👩🏼‍💻

I'm sure that works for the question you answered Isabelle but it does not work for the question I asked.  I'm trying to delete a vendor that I have already deactivated.  I do not want that vendor showing up in my selection filters when i'm trying to work on my item library.   I want to completely delete the vendor.  I have no items associated with the de-activated vendor nor do i have any transactions that include items from that vendor. It was there strictly for test. Now i want the fake vendor gone.

Alumni

@dewey320 - you cannot permanently delete a deactivated vendor. Hope that directly answers your question. 

Thanks for the answer Justin. I spent a fair bit of time trying to find out how to do that.  Any chance that's a feature request that's already on the list?  Can I also ask why you can't delete a vendor?  

Alumni

Yes, it's a limitation our Product Team is aware of this limitation, but I'm not sure the reason why. I can ask. Hopefully I get a response soon.

same question for inactive team members in payroll.  It's getting to be a very long list with past employees.  How can we clean this up?

Admin

Hey @bruswain!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Just to be clear - you mean that you're able to deactivate these employees but they still show up as inactive? 

I'll reach out to the Square Payroll team to see if they have any workarounds for this. 

correct, when going to manually enter a clock in or clock out the inactive people are still there to select from.  I assume this also means that they can clock in and clock out at the POS

Alumni

Jumping in here, @bruswain👋

For non-Payroll sellers, we don’t provide the option to schedule inactive team members.

However, many Payroll accounts have team members that are active in Payroll - but inactive in Team Management, and they want those inactive team members to still be able to clock in. So, we let them do so from the Dashboard, though we don’t also check that team member’s status in Payroll.

I hope this helps!

I would like inactive past employees to not show up as an option at all.  These are the ones that are inactive in payroll as well as team

Specifically, here:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/timecards/workday/shift/new