x

How do I delete items from my Online Store without deleting them from Square?

I have items I sell in my store that I don't sell online. I'm just now setting up my store and put an item online I don't want there. How do I delete the item from the website and not from Square?

Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sonrisers,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for bringing this up.

To remove items from online, head over to: Store Editor > hover the cursor over the appropriate item > click on the trash can icon. This will remove the item from your Square Online Store, but you will still be able to access it in your Item Library within the Point of Sale app. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @NancysWorkshop, thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to hear you are finding the Square Dashboard difficult to navigate, I appreciate it can take some getting used to get used to. 

To remove items from your Square Item Library

Sign into your Square account > Items >  Three dots on right hand side > Delete. 

To remove items from your Square Online Website: 

Sign into your Square account  > Online > Items > Site Items > Select item > Three dots in top right > Delete. 

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sonrisers,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for bringing this up.

To remove items from online, head over to: Store Editor > hover the cursor over the appropriate item > click on the trash can icon. This will remove the item from your Square Online Store, but you will still be able to access it in your Item Library within the Point of Sale app. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 30

I had an online store set up with Square before Weebly came along. I wasn't taking orders on it (long story) but I am now ready to start taking orders. When I signed in it switched me over to Weebly. I know nothing about it. It gave me a list of my items from Square but I realized that I didn't want all of the variations on my website. I called someone at Square and they told me to go ahead and add the item and then I could delete the variations. So I added the item Birthday Cake. Now it is the only item I can add and it has all the variations on there I don't want. I have no idea what to do next?? Nowhere can I find a way to delete it and I don't know how to add more items. They all say unavailable except the one I already added.Weebly.png

Message 3 of 30
Admin

Sorry for the confusion @sonrisers and that the new Online Store caught you off guard.. We're slowly rolling out the new version of the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) to all customers.

You should be able to manage your items following these steps:

• To make all of your other items available go to Store > Item Library, click the checkbox above the list of items, and then click “Mark as Visible” option (this option will appear along the top of the screen, to the right-hand side). Repeat this step for each page of items to make them all available.
  • Alternatively, you can go to Store > Setup > Square Sync > Settings and toggle off the option to make imported items unavailable. That way if you add something new in Square it’s automatically available in your Online Store.

I hope this helps but reply here to let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 30

I recently synced Square with Weebly. I edited no inventory quantities. I honestly couldn't even get through the final steps for 4 days straight & gave up. For some reason, my inventory for items has increased drastically. And, the numbers aren't the same for items. For example, I have two items I no longer carry so their inventory has been at 0. I have no idea what happened but on the same day (4/3) both of them show two inventory restocks at quantities of 3 & 7 for item 1 & 6 & 7 for item 2. How do I resolve this? ALL of my inventory has done this.

I need to get everything back to how it was. I also want Square & Weebly completely disconnected & my entire online store deleted without deleting my Square inventory BUT deleting whatever the hell Weebly did to increase my inventory.

Message 5 of 30

Also, where is the store editor? Step by step instructions from page 1 are necessary for me. Thanks.

Message 6 of 30
Admin

Hi @GLG. Thanks for surfacing this issue. Sounds like a strange one, though.

I can't think of any reasons as to why your Weebly inventory would adjust like that if you're not making any changes to it from your Square Dashboard or through the Items section in the Weebly site editor. I would go ahead and get in touch with the Weebly support team so they can take a look into that with you.

The site editor can be found through the Online Store tab within your Square Dashboard. Once there, you'll click Go to your New Store Edit Website... that's where you can edit your site directly.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 30
Beta Member

I don’t see a trash can icon when hovering over an item.  The only option I see is to delete it from the catalog, which I don’t want to do.

Message 8 of 30
Alumni

Yeah, I wouldn't trash your items. You can hide them from appearing on your site without deleting from POS catalog. This thread should help you out.

@willowskyfarm 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 30
Beta Member

I attempted to execute these instructions. Has the interface changed? How do I delete items from my online store without deleting them from Square?

Deleting Item From Website.jpg

Message 10 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @kuriosities

One of the ways you can "delete" the item from your Online Store, would be to turn off the visibility. That way your customers won't be able to see it and it won't delete it from your Square Item Library. 

Go to the item in your Online Store > Items > Site Items > Scroll down to Item Availability. I would suggest Unavailable for what you're trying to accomplish. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 11 of 30

Then how do you unhook/unsync them? I want Weebly out of my life forever & ever.

I recently synced Square with Weebly. I edited no inventory quantities. I honestly couldn't even get through the final steps for 4 days straight & gave up. For some reason, my inventory for items in Square has increased drastically. And, the numbers aren't the same for items. For example, I have two items I no longer carry so their inventory has been at 0. I have no idea what happened but on the same day (4/3) both of them show two inventory restocks at quantities of 3 & 7 for item 1, & 6 & 7 for item 2. How do I resolve this? ALL of my inventory has done this.

I need to get everything back to how it was. I also want Square & Weebly completely disconnected & my entire online store deleted without deleting my Square inventory BUT deleting whatever the hell Weebly did to increase my inventory.

There has to be a way to unhook them. It's literally impossible for there to not be.

Message 12 of 30
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where @nika addressed your questions. If you weren't able to locate the Online Store button in your Square Dashboard, we've outlined the steps to find it here. Hope this helps get you where you need to be, @GLG.

Valentina
Message 13 of 30

I can find it but there is no way to deactivate it. 

Message 14 of 30
Alumni

Hi @GLG,

Stepping in for Valentina here. 

Currently we have no way to revert your online store to the version before Weebly was introduced. If you require assistance on getting your inventory sorted out and unsynced, please reach out to Weebly Support and they can walk you through your options step-by-step.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 15 of 30
Beta Member

Wondering if there's a way to do this. We have different cut-off times for food and drinks. I'd like an easy way to disable food ordering. What I do right now is delete the Food category, then recreate it every day, which is a pain in the b-tt. 

Another way would be if we can set different pick-up times for each category.

Thanks for any info on this matter.

Message 16 of 30
Admin

@MixtapeBushwick Check this thread! Helen goes through the steps on how to make your items visible/not visible instead of having to delete them fully. 

Hope it helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 17 of 30
Beta Member

I am wanting to reorganize how I organize how I structure my inventory.  I have a variety of candles that I have setup for my square terminal but also goes to my weebly online store too.

I wanted to know if you make changes on items for the terminal if it will automatically pull over to the online site or if there is a way to disconnect the auto sync?

Message 18 of 30
Alumni

@tycandleguy

Yes you're right - making changes to your items on the Terminal will changes them on your site so long as Square Sync is turned on.

Turn it off from the Online Store Dashboard > Settings > Square Sync. Keep in mind, inventory will no longer sync. 

Justin
Message 19 of 30

Where is the store editor?  I have a product entered twice...I need to delete one.  Not very user friendly

Message 20 of 30
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @NancysWorkshop, thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to hear you are finding the Square Dashboard difficult to navigate, I appreciate it can take some getting used to get used to. 

To remove items from your Square Item Library

Sign into your Square account > Items >  Three dots on right hand side > Delete. 

To remove items from your Square Online Website: 

Sign into your Square account  > Online > Items > Site Items > Select item > Three dots in top right > Delete. 

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 21 of 30