x
Highlighted

How do I delete items from my online store without deleting them from Square

I have items I sell in my store that I don't sell online. I'm just now setting up my store and put an item online I don't want there. How do I delete the item from the website and not from Square?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How do I delete items from my online store without deleting them from Square

Hi @sonrisers,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for bringing this up.

To remove items from online, head over to: Store Editor > hover the cursor over the appropriate item > click on the trash can icon. This will remove the item from your Square Online Store, but you will still be able to access it in your Item Library within the Point of Sale app. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Message 2 of 11
Highlighted

Re: How do I delete items from my online store without deleting them from Square

I had an online store set up with Square before Weebly came along. I wasn't taking orders on it (long story) but I am now ready to start taking orders. When I signed in it switched me over to Weebly. I know nothing about it. It gave me a list of my items from Square but I realized that I didn't want all of the variations on my website. I called someone at Square and they told me to go ahead and add the item and then I could delete the variations. So I added the item Birthday Cake. Now it is the only item I can add and it has all the variations on there I don't want. I have no idea what to do next?? Nowhere can I find a way to delete it and I don't know how to add more items. They all say unavailable except the one I already added.Weebly.png

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Admin

Sorry for the confusion @sonrisers and that the new Online Store caught you off guard.. We're slowly rolling out the new version of the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) to all customers.

You should be able to manage your items following these steps:

• To make all of your other items available go to Store > Item Library, click the checkbox above the list of items, and then click “Mark as Visible” option (this option will appear along the top of the screen, to the right-hand side). Repeat this step for each page of items to make them all available.
  • Alternatively, you can go to Store > Setup > Square Sync > Settings and toggle off the option to make imported items unavailable. That way if you add something new in Square it’s automatically available in your Online Store.

I hope this helps but reply here to let me know if you have any other questions! 

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted

I recently synced Square with Weebly. I edited no inventory quantities. I honestly couldn't even get through the final steps for 4 days straight & gave up. For some reason, my inventory for items has increased drastically. And, the numbers aren't the same for items. For example, I have two items I no longer carry so their inventory has been at 0. I have no idea what happened but on the same day (4/3) both of them show two inventory restocks at quantities of 3 & 7 for item 1 & 6 & 7 for item 2. How do I resolve this? ALL of my inventory has done this.

I need to get everything back to how it was. I also want Square & Weebly completely disconnected & my entire online store deleted without deleting my Square inventory BUT deleting whatever the hell Weebly did to increase my inventory.

Message 5 of 11
Highlighted

Also, where is the store editor? Step by step instructions from page 1 are necessary for me. Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @GLG. Thanks for surfacing this issue. Sounds like a strange one, though.

I can't think of any reasons as to why your Weebly inventory would adjust like that if you're not making any changes to it from your Square Dashboard or through the Items section in the Weebly site editor. I would go ahead and get in touch with the Weebly support team so they can take a look into that with you.

The site editor can be found through the Online Store tab within your Square Dashboard. Once there, you'll click Go to your New Store Edit Website... that's where you can edit your site directly.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted

Re: deactivate online store

Then how do you unhook/unsync them? I want Weebly out of my life forever & ever.

I recently synced Square with Weebly. I edited no inventory quantities. I honestly couldn't even get through the final steps for 4 days straight & gave up. For some reason, my inventory for items in Square has increased drastically. And, the numbers aren't the same for items. For example, I have two items I no longer carry so their inventory has been at 0. I have no idea what happened but on the same day (4/3) both of them show two inventory restocks at quantities of 3 & 7 for item 1, & 6 & 7 for item 2. How do I resolve this? ALL of my inventory has done this.

I need to get everything back to how it was. I also want Square & Weebly completely disconnected & my entire online store deleted without deleting my Square inventory BUT deleting whatever the hell Weebly did to increase my inventory.

There has to be a way to unhook them. It's literally impossible for there to not be.

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Admin

I've moved your post over to this thread where @Nika_S addressed your questions. If you weren't able to locate the Online Store button in your Square Dashboard, we've outlined the steps to find it here. Hope this helps get you where you need to be, @GLG.

Message 9 of 11
Highlighted

I can find it but there is no way to deactivate it. 

Message 10 of 11