x

How do I delete items from my Online Store without deleting them from Square?

I have items I sell in my store that I don't sell online. I'm just now setting up my store and put an item online I don't want there. How do I delete the item from the website and not from Square?

Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sonrisers,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for bringing this up.

To remove items from online, head over to: Store Editor > hover the cursor over the appropriate item > click on the trash can icon. This will remove the item from your Square Online Store, but you will still be able to access it in your Item Library within the Point of Sale app. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @NancysWorkshop, thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to hear you are finding the Square Dashboard difficult to navigate, I appreciate it can take some getting used to get used to. 

To remove items from your Square Item Library

Sign into your Square account > Items >  Three dots on right hand side > Delete. 

To remove items from your Square Online Website: 

Sign into your Square account  > Online > Items > Site Items > Select item > Three dots in top right > Delete. 

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Thanks so much for your reply.  I'll check it out here shortly.  

Maybe you can also help with another question.

My daughter signed up at the email section.  Do I get a notification that someone has?  Where do I find it ?  

Message 22 of 30
Admin

You can view customers who have signed up in two places @NancysWorkshop.

From your Customer Directory or in the Mailing List section of your Square Online Dashboard. 

You can enable a weekly recap email of your new contacts here. Set up > Settings > Email Notifications > Manage > Active.  

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 23 of 30

Thanks 😊

Message 24 of 30

this does not work. The desired action is to remove items from the online store without removing them from the square library. 

your description results in a popup with this message: "Deleting this item will also delete it from your Square Item Library." And in testing, it does just that. 

Message 25 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @GreenStage

You can turn the Square Sync off, so your Square Online and Item Library will operate more independently. 

If you want to keep the sync, but want make some items only available in your Item Library; you can change the visibility in your Online Store. 

This would remove the items from your customer's view. This would be done in the item details of the items through your Square Online Dashboard. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or you were looking for something else. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 30

Hi,
A few things seem to be broken, right now if i delete an item in my square online site items, it seems it is also deleting in my item library.

Also, my stock from item library is no longer carried over when i add the new item in my online site.

Sync is general seems broken

Message 27 of 30

Hi @dbpearlzdesigns - Alanah here, stepping in for @Breffni 👋 Sorry to see trouble has brought you to the Seller Community😓

When you first set up Square Online in your Square account, products in your Square Item Library will sync over to your Square Online Overview page. After the initial setup, syncing will continue automatically in the background with some exceptions which you can find here.

It's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. The fastest way to resolve complicated Square Online questions is by reaching out to our team directly. The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. 

If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. Thank you!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 30

This is so user unfriendly.  Spent hours and hours setting up items through the online store only to find out that I was doubling items in the library.  Figured it out after days and days.  Put it in the library first.  Hit the save button and then go back in and hit the Square Online button which adds it to the store.  Hit the save button and then go back in and update the inventory.  All worked great and then it didn't.  Now... Everytime I put it in through the library and then hit the online store button....it just takes me back to the homepage.  Unbelievable. 

Message 29 of 30

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up your items,  @NancysWorkshop

Hmm.. you should be able to add items through either dashboard. Adding items through the Square Online dashboard should not be duplicating or doubling the item on the Square dashboard. Here is a support guide with additional information regarding the Square Online Item Sync

Since we have limited access to accounts through this page, I recommend reaching out to our support team directly. A rep can check the settings on the backend, and can reach out to our advanced support team in case they suspect there is an issue with the account. You can reach the team through this link here

Message 30 of 30