x

How do I deposit money to my card

I'm trying to add money to my square card, HELP

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller Alumni

You don't need to do anything - once you process a credit or debit transaction, those funds are available on your Square Card immediately.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 18

what about cash? Do I deposit it in my connected account or are there other ways? Please and thank you!

Message 3 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

If you're asking if you can deposit cash into your Square debit card account, the answer is no.  The only way to get funds into that account is through your credit/debit sales.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 18

My deposits are not showing up on my square card but i see the transation & deposit but not on my square card?

Message 5 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

What do you mean when you say you can see the deposit?  Deposit of what, to where?  If your funds are getting deposited into your linked bank account, you either haven't activated your Square debit card, or you don't have one.  If you have a Square card, deposits aren't made automatically into your bank account - you have to manually request that.  Your funds would stay in your Square account until you either used them with your card or request a deposit into your bank account.

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 18

I'm curious since this is a debit card, if I can go to an ATM and deposit cash to it using my pin. Thanks!

Message 7 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

If you're asking about adding money to your Square card, then the answer is no, you can't.  The only way to increase the available balance on your Square card is by processing more credit/debit transactions.

Judy T Shumway
Message 8 of 18

How do I get a square card

Message 9 of 18

I am working some jobs that pay me cash and i want to deposit the money using the Square Card.  Is is possible to do it?  If so, can i use any ATM or are there specific places i need to go to make the deposits?

Message 10 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @truerican4ever and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked the same question.

You cannot add cash to your Square Card but we have added the feature to add funds electronically from your bank. So if you deposit cash into your bank you can add funds from there.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18

Are there any plans to add the option of cash deposits?   I don’t want 2 business bank accounts.  I want one, that does everything.  Lack of cash deposits is the only thing stopping me from using square 

Message 12 of 18
Alumni

Square does not have physical banking facilities or ATMs - no plans to introduce cash deposits that we can share at this time.

If this changes in the future, we'll be sure to update this page, @Mojoe123! ️ 

Valentina
Message 13 of 18

A year later, has Square bright themselves up to speed with customer demand and compete with competitors? <<(Rhetorical ?) Can card holders do cash deposits yet? 

Message 14 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CRefu - Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Unfortunately, there's no way to deposit cash into a Square Card account. The "why not" behind this is mostly because Square Card is an online bank with no physical locations. We have not yet partnered with any businesses that could accept cash deposits on behalf of our Sellers. This is something we're thinking about in the future, but we do not have any plans or ETAs to share at this time.

However, your Square Checking account includes account and routing numbers for making inbound and outbound transfers. You can use your account and routing numbers to deposit funds into your Square Balance via ACH. You can find more details on this process here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 15 of 18

i am curious how the square card works. would it substitute a bank? my question being could i deposit cash onto the card account, essentially making the square card my business card? or do i still need a checking account/debit card for business purchases and cash deposits?

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 18
Admin

Hey @VeloTechs- Check out this thread I merged your question to that addresses your question.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 17 of 18

You can’t. But what you can do is put the funds you want on a prepaid debit card and just make a debit transaction that way. Might cost a few dollars in fees but it looks like that’s the only way around it at the moment.

Message 18 of 18