x

How do I enable notifications for my front desk account in Square Appointments?

Currently I as the account owner receive both text message notifications anytime there are changes to appointments or cancellations, as well as being able to see these notifications listed out on the Overview page of my square appointments screen.

I would like for the front desk account to be able to receive these notifications, as well as being able to see the list of notifications for any changes in appointments.

I've looked into all of the permissions for the Manager role that I have selected for that account but don't see any places to turn on access to these notifications, but haven't found anything. How do I enable this for my front desk account?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @YpsiMassage

I want to make sure I have a firm grasp on what you're looking to do. Do you want all staff member notifications sent to the front desk, or just the notifications for your account? Also were you looking to have the SMS notifications sent to a different number as well? 

Appointment can route email notifications for each staff member to an email address separate from their login. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Message 2 of 7

Yes, I would like all staff member notifications sent to the front desk account. I receive an owners copy of everything, and Id basically like that same sent to the front desk (so my receptionists get an itemized list of cancellations or changes in scheduling). I would also like the SMS notifications (like the ones I receive as an owner) sent to the front desk if possible, although getting an email copy might work.

Message 3 of 7

I would also like to know how to send owner notifications to our business line, or my business partner. We both need to be kept apprised. It isn't allowing "administrator" to receive these notifications.

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hey there @thehappylyon -

After digging around, I learned that only you - the owner- will receive notifications when your staff makes changes to their appointments. This feature doesn't transfer to admin roles, However, I totally see the importance of keeping your biz partner in the loop on modifications to your booking calendar, seeming as though they help manage your account. 

I'll surface this to the Appointments Team and will share any changes as it relates to admin permissions here. Thanks for flagging! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Is there a solution for this?  I have the same issue.  Is this the best place to look for answers to such questions?

I need BOTH my husband and I to receive ALL notifications (book, cancel, modify, etc) for ALL appointments booked online.

Surely this is possible?  With 500 and 600 views of this thread, it seems odd that this isn't configurable.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Christy42

Thank you for asking for an update on this feature. 

At the moment, this would still be a feature request. Being able to get notifications to multiple email addresses isn't available. 

I would recommend bringing this to the Ideate Board, so more sellers can add their voice. Also, one of the Community Moderators can update the status on the thread when we get more information about it to keep you in the loop. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7