x

How do I enter a customers name on receipt?

Hi All,

When sending receipts for cash payments, there seems to be no option for putting the customer name on the receipt.

Am I missing something, or is this a feature I need to request.

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @claynotmud, great question.

You can add your customer to a cash sale directly from the Point of Sale app by doing the following:

1. After completing the sale, you'll be on the receipts screen
  2. Tap the customer icon in the upper-part of the screen.
  3. Enter your customer’s information.
  4. Tap Save.

Note: their name won't appear on the emailed or texted receipt, but you will see it associated with the payment in your Transactions report and Customer Directory.

Hope this helps! If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @claynotmud, great question.

You can add your customer to a cash sale directly from the Point of Sale app by doing the following:

1. After completing the sale, you'll be on the receipts screen
  2. Tap the customer icon in the upper-part of the screen.
  3. Enter your customer’s information.
  4. Tap Save.

Note: their name won't appear on the emailed or texted receipt, but you will see it associated with the payment in your Transactions report and Customer Directory.

Hope this helps! If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 44

So, the actual answer is that it currently cannot be done. Thank you.

Message 3 of 44

Does this work for CC receipts too??

Message 4 of 44
Square

@Giftedhands All receipts will function the same with your customer directory. 

Message 5 of 44

We need our customer name and phone number to print on our receipt.   It appears this feature has been requested for several years.   When can this feature be incorporated???

Message 6 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Barrett9705 👋Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding adding customers info/name to receipts. Take a look at this Best Answer here for more info.

The example used in this post is a cash transaction, but the process should be the same for card transactions, as well.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 44

You do not answer @Barrett9705 question:  

We need our customer name and phone number to print on our receipt.   It appears this feature has been requested for several years.   When can this feature be incorporated???

Message 8 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hello @MaitrePoulier

At this time I don't have any news of the customer's phone number being added to the receipt. In regards to the customer name, this can be added by enabling Open Tickets on Square Point of Sale in which you would be prompted for the Customers name prior to adding an item to a Sale and it will be included in the printed receipt.

I hope this information is helpful.

JJ
Message 9 of 44

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: want the receipt to show clients name

Hi i am new to the Appointments and everything so far seems great but i notice the reciepts i send do not include there names on there which is needed for some of them to submit and there is not a option to add notes or am i missing a step... i have only hand appointments for 2 days so far and the first day was transfering data from my previous system. 

Message 10 of 44
Admin

Welcome to Square Appointments @Kie099. You haven't missed a step — the customer's name does not appear on their receipt.

I've added your post to this thread so you can read through the steps to add a customer to the transaction, for your records. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 44

We are a church that runs an annual Christmas Tree Stand.  We sell over 1,460 trees in less than 15 days.  We offer deliveries and flocking (fake snow) where we have to collect the customer name, address, city, state, phone, etc. - which we do now using a 3-part carbonless form.  This adds minutes to each sale, and since it is all volunteers, we have issues with consistency and hand writing.

I have entered the address, city, state, zip and phone number to our customers profiles.  Is there a way for us to be able to:

1) Print the Customers Name (first and last), address, city, state, zip and phone number on the receipt

2) print 3 copies of the receipt - one for them, one to be put on the tree, one for our files/logs

And, can it all be done utilizing ONLY the tablet based Square Stand - no PC??  

I am trying to eliminate the need for customers and volunteers to spend valuable minutes filling out a 3-part form.  Right now, our volunteers have to fill out the 3-part form, then wring in the sale, then fill out a sold tag with same info to put on the tree to designate who / where it goes.  If we can use Square to print the receipt in triplicate, with the items sold and full customer contact info on it, it would eliminate a HUGE amount of time wasted, eliminate the need for the 3-part forms and tags, and make it so we dont have to try to read someones poor handwriting.  Please advise, thank you.

Message 12 of 44
Admin

Hi @mosmpos! Thanks for joining our Seller Community. Happy to have you here! 🎄

So it sounds like you've gone through and added each of your customers into your Customer Directory in the Point of Sale, right? That's a great start!

I've merged your post here so you can see @Tom's Best Answer above which includes how to add a customer to a transaction, which is what you'll want to do in order to keep track of who purchases what. Your customer information will not print out on the receipt, as also mentioned in this post, but you'll be able to go back to your Transactions Report and see which customer is linked to each sale and view their information there. 

Also, you can print out multiple copies of a receipt. But again, they won't include all of the customer information you're looking for.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 44

Hello,

Is there any way customer information (name, address, phone number) be printed on receipt. 

Message 14 of 44
Alumni

Hey @Cottle - your customers personal info is sensitive and cannot be printed on a receipt. However, you can attach a customer to the sale so you can reference it later on a Transactions CSV. 

Look at Tom's post above. 

Justin
Message 15 of 44

This thread has been going on over a few years, so I'd like to find what the deal is right now - I need to get some details before I get too far into the setup. 

Does a sales receipt - for any form of payment - include a customer name? 

In my experience, a receipt means nothing if there's not a name and date to associate it with - especially if it's going to be used for reimbursement of some sort, or taxes.  And I don't think it makes any difference whether it's a cash or credit card payment.

Message 16 of 44

I believe the answer to the question is that it can't be done.

I've spent some time today trying to add client details. A client had a physio claim bounced back from their insurance company, because their name wasn't on the receipt, despite the email receipt being sent to them.

That said, I have received numerous business receipts to claim back my tax and none have my name on them.

Message 17 of 44
Beta Member

It does NOT include customer name, and likely never will at this point. You'll notice all of the replies from square agents spew the same answer without reading the question... "you can include a customer name for your records but it won'tbe displayed on the receipt" or "customer info is sensitive so we don't think it should be included on a receipt"

Why would we need their name for our records? Any transactions are linked to their profile... we need the names to be displayed boldly on the receipt for insurance companies to validate the customer claims or they get rejected. Also, it is NOT sensitive info, it is sent directly to them in their email they provide when making a profile and insurance companies REQUIRE this info.

These agents have made it very clear they don't understand what any of us have been clamoring for on here for years already. They will never do it at this point. Best off using other software that doesn't ignore user requests.

Message 18 of 44
Beta Member

For everyone asking the exact same question I have, at this point there is NO way to include a customer name on a receipt. The square employees who have 'answered' to this point don't seem to be understanding that all of us users want the name ON the receipt (some of us for insurance submission for our services) and not simply to reflect which customer paid for a service for our own square point-of-sale reference.

Example for the square employees:

I am a Registered Massage Therapist that is fairly new to the square app. I have formed a rather large client database. I don't have an issue referencing who bought what, as any of their purchases are tied to their names. the problem is when I issue them a receipt so that they can claim the service with their insurance provider (namely Blue Cross) they get rejected due to their name not being included on the receipt itself. This is a major problem for RMTs everywhere as it is a standard and very basic requirement for insurance submission. Square needs to add an option to include a name ASAP as it clearly has been requested numerous times for quite a while now.

Message 19 of 44
Beta Member

It's 2022. Has there been update to this feature request? We also need to be able to add the customer name, phone number, and email address to every printed receipt. It seems that a great deal of Square customers would benefit from this feature and could easily be set up as an optional detail for those that don't want this info on the receipt. Square can you help us out please?

Message 20 of 44
Beta Member

Nope, no update and likely never will be at this point. You'll notice all of the replies from square agents spew the same answer without reading the question... "you can include a customer name for your records but it won'tbe displayed on the receipt" or "customer info is sensitive so we don't think it should be included on a receipt"

Why would we need their name for our records? Any transactions are linked to their profile... we need the names to be displayed boldly on the receipt for insurance companies to validate the customer claims or they get rejected. Also, it is NOT sensitive info, it is sent directly to them in their email they provide when making a profile and insurance companies REQUIRE this info.

These agents have made it very clear they don't understand what any of us have been clamoring for on here for years already. They will never do it at this point. Best off using other software that doesn't ignore user requests.

Message 21 of 44