x

How do I export Square Card activity?

I am aware of the ability to export Square transactions....the payments from customers processed and tracked through Square. 

However, I can’t find how to export the Square Card activity. I am needing to export the data to run reports for my business. The data I need is all activity with my Square account, including the credits (payments processed through Square) and the detailed expenses (purchases made using my Square Card). 

This is very urgent.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

—Raf

—Raf
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hey @RonelDataSystem-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

You'll be able to get your transaction information (payments processed by Square) via the Export button in the top right-hand corner of the Transactions section of the Dashboard.

To get your Square Card activity data, please go to your online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to the Balance tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select Activity > All.

At the top of this section you will be able to view pending Square Card transactions.

Below this section you can view completed Square Card transactions. Note: Square Card transactions at some types of merchants may change in amount when they move from pending to completed.

If you’d like to export your Card Spend as a .CSV file, select the dates you’d like to export and click Export. You will be able to view date, description, amount and whether it’s a personal or business transaction. Is this what you're looking for? Let me know 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 15

The report isn't saving correctly. In order to actually view this report, you will need to add ".CSV" after the file name, and then you will be able to open it in excel.  Don't forget the . before the CSV.  

Message 3 of 15

I selected ACTIVITY - ALL, then the dates, however, there is no Export button. Where is this at for me to download the .csv file??

Message 4 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ccloset

Sorry for the confusion here, you can export your CSV file if you head over to your Square Online Dashboard > Balance > Activity > Card Spend > choose the dates you want to see and select EXPORT on the top right corner of your screen. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 15

The Export button is gone from that screen. I'm sure it was there last month. It seems to be impossible to export my Square Card transactions now. 

This is from Balance|Activity|All and Balance|Activity|Card Spend. There is no [EXPORT] button anymore!

Message 6 of 15

Hey @dmsacctg,

I tried to re-create from my end but when I go to > Balance Activity Transfers I still see the export button.

It might not be available in all places now though but that could just be part of the Dashboard update.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 15

Yes the [Export] button is there for Balance > Activity > Transfers but it is not there for Balance > Activity > Card Spend or Balance > Activity > All which means I will have to copy every card transaction into my accounting program manually. It was there last month!

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Dashboard update. Did they remove features with this update?

Message 8 of 15

The export button is gone from card spend and ALL activity.  So, now what?  How do we get these transactions, except manually?  

Message 9 of 15

@dmsacctg and @JeanetteC,

Wanted to let y'all know I reached out to the Dashboard Product Team about this and they said it's a temporary bug with new features they're rolling out for exporting for all card spend but it should be fixed now!

Thanks for your patience as they worked out the kinks.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 15

Yes, it is fixed!  🙂

Message 11 of 15

Great, thanks! The [Export] button is back!

Message 12 of 15

I'm in need of a printable statement of my account activity on my square card for a business loan. There's nothing in the threads that have been helpful on how to successfully do this. Is this option not available? We receive reports & sales summaries but nothing for the card itself. Is there anyone who has had success with getting a statement printed for your balance activity? If anyone has please HELP!!

Message 13 of 15

Hi @ccloset,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over exporting Square Card activity.

Anything outside of these options listed would be something we don't offer which would explain why you're not seeing it. 

Ashley C
Message 14 of 15

Is there a link to this thread because I looked and couldn't find it. I also tried to post under it but the option was not available

Message 15 of 15